"The Trinity" - Impulsion, Bend, On the Bit

  • Elsie
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      Greetings all,

      While I don't know that we all need to rush out and buy the home study course, I do think this video does a nice job describing the goals in establishing impulsion, bend, and on the bit though she refers to it as lateral bending, forward down, and stepping under. Regardless of the nomenclature, it's a nice explanation of basic movement concepts, what ever your discipline.

      Video:
      http://straightness-training.kajabi.com/funnel_events/4314

      PDF Handout:
      http://s3.amazonaws.com/kajabi-media/attachments/4837/3-Keys-of-Straightness-Training.pdf
      AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIDNRRX4K4JI7C3RA&Expires=1291242171&Signature=9090EUINtVcu6BrsaiFwpLu5IlM%3D

      Enjoy!

      Else
    • Nancy Reimers

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010

          I have been following her work for a little while now. Very, very, very useful and explained in an easy to understand way.  Classical training made simple? Perhaps just made clear for the modern horse owner.

          I recommend her highly.

          William Brannan (An Tir)

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
            On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Troy Griffith <Troy@...> wrote:

             Classical training made simple? Perhaps just made clear for the modern horse owner.

            The similarities between her and other well marketted, good sound bite generating, mass-media trainers peddling good solid training techniques was not lost on me.  None the less, I do think it's a nice explaination.  Just like I like some of the techniques of each of the "branded" trainers.