Rental Horses at GWW? No, but private sharing is!

  • ariadnemof
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hi Everyone,
      Well, despite doing my best to drum up enough business to make Great Western War worth the while of the three rental strings I contacted, alas, I was unsuccessful. I've been contacted by just two individuals asking to rent horses.

      As all the rental strings wanted a guarantee equivalent of anywhere from 6 to 10-rentals per day for each day they would be on site, I've had to make the decision to forego having rental horses at war this year. It also didn't help that we have no stabling available for rentals so they'd have to either be trucked in every day or the livery operator would have to set something up themselves. Neither idea was very popular. <sigh>

      The two folks who contacted me about rentals will be accommodated by private horse-sharing arrangements. Indeed, several private horse owners have contacted me about finding people to share riding privileges in hopes of offsetting the costs of getting their horses to the war. (This includes me.)

      If you would like to make private arrangements with horse owners who are bringing private horses to the war, please feel free to contact me. I can put potential borrowers in touch with willing horse owners. There's a link for this on the GWW Equestrian Web Page or you can reply to this message.

      Any and all arrangements are between the borrower and the owner. Neither I, the equestrian stewards, nor the war stewards have any involvement or responsiblity, whatsoever.

      YIS,
      ariadne