Re: [WestKingdomEQ] URL For Mounted Combat Protective Masks For Horses?

  • DIANNE KARP
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2010
      Morrison Saddlery in NZ

      http://www.harness.co.nz/shop/

      Siobhan

    • bulotki@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2010
        Macha,

        Here's a link for Big Dee's Tack and Vet Supplies:

        They carry the knit mesh hoods with mesh eye cups that sew on to the hood.

        Gwen

        I have done several Internet searches and am not finding the stretchy masks with
        the eye cups that several folks from the West Kingdom used this year at West -
        An Tir War.
        Could someone PLEASE post or send me privately a URL for a supplier?
        I want to order some so I can assist my deputy for Mounted Combat in An Tir in
        promoting this special authorization, and need to find out who sells 'em - they
        are very easy to decorate to make look more period, and that's a big asset
        (along with safety).

        Thanks!

        Macha
        KEO, An Tir

        ------------------------------------

        This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys
        directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button
        which replys to all members of this list.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            WestKingdomEQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
            WestKingdomEQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • DIANNE KARP
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2010

          Thanks Gwen - I keep forgetting about these guys. I posted the link to
          the exact page for Morrison's. keep in mind that the posted prince is in
          NZ dollars so it is cheaper in US dollars.

          Thanks Macha for the compliment about jazzing the hood up. Amazing what
          just a bit of trim will do for the look of the thing.

          BTW, I make a pocket on the top between the ears and create a poll
          protector by using the half cups off the hood (they unlace and you dont
          need them anyway) Trim them up and pad with a bit of felted wool from an
          old saddle pad glued to it. Slide it into the pocket!

          Siobhan

          > Macha,
          >
          > Here's a link for Big Dee's Tack and Vet Supplies:
          > http://www.bigdweb.com/detail.aspx?id=20580
          >
          > They carry the knit mesh hoods with mesh eye cups that sew on to the
          > hood.
          >
          > Gwen

        • HL Macha the Determined
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 22, 2010
            MANY THANKS to both of you for providing the info - I've placed orders with both and with a US supplier who has plexiglass eye cups (as an experiment, but the mesh ones look way more period!).
            Will attempt to follow your example in giving these a more medieval flavor - I think I can cover the leather shipping helmet with (eventually) the same plastic plates that I hope to use for making the next protection. I think....

            Macha