Re: [WestKingdomEQ] What about horses at October Crown ?

  • Tobi Beck
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      I would be willing to do the Equestrian Marshal in Charge duties (but not autocrat the event) I think that is what you meant anyway.

      I agree it would be great to do the competitions head to head, if we can get a second set there, we can also run the heads that way, and turn in scores.  The West is really starting to show as competitors on the national scale these days!

      Elina

      At 06:57 AM 8/1/2003 +0000, Henrik Olsgaard wrote:

      My Lords , Ladies and Equine fans, all -

      I posted just after the Kingdom Officers meeting earlier this in July , that
      we would be able to have horses at October Crown at the Woodland Fair
      grounds Equestrian Arena. I havn't heard any comment from anyone. Did my
      post not get seen? My understanding is that the Arena has been reserved for
      our use and the monies are paid ( or committed ) already. I would like to
      send the Page an announcement of activities - at least a preliminary one,
      with details to follow the next month. The Page deadline is Friday !

      I am not able to autocrat this one officially, but I will help , both  with
      supplying some equipment which I have and am making more in August, and
      contacting needs and at Crown itself. This event would be a good practice
      Event to prepare for the October 19th Equestrian Tourney. I will also
      sponsor and run a " Ring Joust competition , where riders compete in pairs
      and spear rings simultaneously . I would like to have rental horses at
      October Crown also. I need a volunteer to be the official Autocrat. Even if
      we don't manage to get copy to the Page, today, we still need to move on
      this now , just to get the Insurance Certificate ordered. I would prefer a
      relatively local autocrat who may live closer to Woodland, but will be happy
      to accept anyone , if none is available. Please contact me asap. My E-mail
      may get full and bounce messages, so also use my work e-mail for now as a
      backup . it is      henriksd5@...
      or you can phone my cell phone after 2:00 pm till 11:00 pm. It is (415)
      716-6370 .

      Thanks,

      Henrik

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      21e06627.jpg
      21e066a4.jpg

      Having ridden and worked on the track I can tell you (as well as Anne Fawnhaven who was also an exercise rider) that the feeling you get when you "blow out" a horse is extremely addicting. Its the closest thing to flying one can get without a plane. You are on a surface that is made for letting a horse "safely" run as fast as it can and it is wonderful liberating experience.  Now stopping ....that is frequently debatable! (Ha)

       Also it is hard to explain the feeling that you get when the ground shakes under you when the pack approaches and passes within feet of you....But unfortunately the sport involves people, who are in it allot for the cash...which is too bad for the horses and the people who truly love them.

       Another good racing movie is called "Phar Lap", who was sorta Australia's version of Sea Biscuit.  But it isn't for the faint of heart...it shows that low side of thoroughbred racing.

      Aricia

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
          Yes, indeed, I will be doing that.

          Elina

          At 10:22 PM 8/26/2003 -0700, Rachael Keish wrote:
          Do we have a EQ autocrat yet for Cown?  I will be stepping up as Greencloak
          Herald (running the field heralds and announcemets at Cown) so I will not be
          available for much of anything else all weekend.
          -Marguerite