Pony saddle to loan?

  • juliana_of_avon
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hello all.

      Guido is working toward getting some time undersaddle and I have found a willing youth to put some miles on him. The relationship is new (she has not experienced the potential of the pony's wrath yet) so I am not sure if she will stick with it or not. We have done some bareback leadline and I think she may be game to head out with us, getting ponied on the lead. Guido was quite happy to tote around the 60lb sack of "pony adoring" girl - so he may not give her the height of his terrifing PONY WRATH (echo ... echo...echo....

      If anyone has a spare laying about, I'd like to borrow a pony saddle for a bit, before I buy something. He is 12.2h and average pony shaped. She is slim and long-legged. Probably a 10" english or 12" western I imagine. I have leathers/stirrups, pad and a bridle.

      Let me know if anyone had a loaner? Lead-line saddles are OK too!

      YIS,

      Juliana
    • DIANNE KARP
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
        I have a 14" seat western (horn cut off) that you can borrow - along with
        some tapadero stirrups that fit it if you'd like

        It fit Kazar - I should fit the pone. It has a breast collar too

        I keep it around for use by kids at events
        Siobhan
      • Patti L.
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
          Hi,

          Thank you! But that size would be well beyond his hip Siobhan ...LOL!

          He is a wee pod pixie. Only 12.2hands and 360lbs. I think 12" seat is the max for him.

          Thank you though!

          Juliana

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
            Thanks! Yup, he is just a lil squirt. Fairly short backed too.

            See pictures from 2007:

            Juliana

            > Thank you! But that size would be well beyond his hip Siobhan

            Let me measure it.  It is an old fiberglass tree saddle that is light and
            small