RE: [WestKingdomEQ] Your Favorite...

  • Aurora Komnene
    Message 1 of 101 , Jun 1, 2010
      There's this waist-to-hips ratio thing that mens jeans lack for me,
      otherwise $13 bucks at Costco would be great! I'm about ready to resign
      myself to the torture of clothes shopping and try those "NYDJ"
      Not-Your-Daughter's-Jeans the mall was advertising.

      The boot cut breeches are Irideon. I'm not finding a style number or
      anything on them - I think it was something like "Cadence Boot Cut".
      They're full seat with some fake suede stuff that is machine
      washable/dryable. I picked them up from Action Rider Tack
      (www.actionridertack.com or 541-773-6300 or 877-865-2467). The company was
      very good about communicating (there was a back order on them) and they kept
      me up to date about when I would receive my breeches.

      Thanks,
      - A

      Message 101 of 101 , Jun 2, 2010

        Actually, the main things catching my interest this year are the Equine Village, which is apparently a usual part of the World Equestrian Games, but is making an appearance at the Expo first, the demos of WEG events at the night show, the new dog pavilion, and a clinician for gaited horses who uses principles of classical dressage training ( as opposed to some of the questionable training methods in the traditional gaited horse world).   I know Lee Ziegler was an advocate for this kind of training for gaited horses, and I’m glad there are other people carrying that forward.

        I’m thinking of going on Saturday and staying for the night show.

        I’ve found both lovely and silly things at the Expo.  My favorite stoneware mugs, featuring horses, or course, were from a business called Mountain Mud, which alas only came for two years.  I am still using the rope reins I bought from the Charles Wilhelm booth, as well as one of their leads, and there was a booth one year (again, only the one year) that had a fantastic selection of DVD’s on various breeds and disciplines.  That year was the anniversary of the Spanish Riding School being saved by American troops, so they had several DVD’s on the Spanish Riding School , which I bought, of course.

        The silly thing was a sort of curry shaped massager, which looked good in theory, but which my horse didn’t like.  She prefers the dog and cat rubber groomers you can get at Pet Food Express.  Oh well----  The funniest name I have ever seen for a massage item, by the way, was the “Captain Carrot Caresser”.

        Avis