Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Tack swap SCA-style?

  • Komitissa Aurora Komnene
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2010
      Hi All,

      I still have several sets of the heavier solid rubber pole bases from the group order a few years ago - would love to get them out of my foaling stall viewing room (and credit card!) if anyone is interested in those.  They ended up running $229 for the set of six after the company was down taking us to the cleaners for the freight.  (We got a great deal on the bases themselves however the freight sucked us for somewhere around $40/50 per set.

      The difference between these and the ones Siobhan mentions is they are solid heavy rubber - you do not have to fill them with sand or water.  We have sets of these exact same bases that have been in heavy lesson and competiton uses lasting 20 years (by heavy I mean 4x per week for a lot of students, plus 12 competitions a season (which means they are used in 5 events each competition plus as timing poles through the entire competition.  My point is these bases are quality ones that will last you a very long time.

      Please contact me if your interested - komitissa @ yahoo.com

      Thanks,
       - Aurora

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 6, 2010, at 15:18, "DIANNE KARP" <diannekarp@...> wrote:

      I like the idea. Powers Know I have a bunch of extra 'stuff'

      While the fundraiser is a great idea, please keep in mind that the 2000
      or so dollars we have is NOT to pay for events. Kingdom events come out
      of the kingdom coffers, Principality out of the principality coffers,
      etc.

      We raised this money to cover things like buying equipment. So, if you
      are running practices and need equipment, let me know that you need to
      buy/replace stuff and how much you plan to spend then send me the receipt
      and I will have Bethia re-imburse you.

      BTW, if you want the pole bending stands (160 or so dollars for 6) for
      your practice, let me know that too.

      We have also used it for things like adding the cost of an arena at Tres
      Pinos when the event activities grew fast and the event budget had
      already been submitted.

      SnS

      > I was thinking we might even make it a partially fund raising event...
      > folks could donate a portion of whatever they make (if money changes
      > hands) to the EQ fund for future events and keep the rest.
      >

      > Whaddya'll think? Possible? Interested?
      > Morrighan

    • DIANNE KARP
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2010
        I would like a set for our practice. And - we will pay for them out of
        the Eq acct so if anyone else weants them for their practice, let me
        know.

        How many sets are there?

      • Komitissa Aurora Komnene
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2010
          There are three or four sets available.  We'll bring your set to Mists/Cyn.

          Thanks!

          Sent from my iPhone