6400Re: Speaking of Trail Riding - Anyone interested?

  • Lizabeth
    Aug 2, 2007
      Just as an FYI...

      When ever you factor in time for me.. add at least 1/2-1hr for me.
      I am not in Santa Cruz, I am in Boulder Creek and then I am up in the
      mountain and to the left of the other mountain, on the switch back..
      Which means to get down to civilization it takes me anywhere from 30
      to 45 minutes depending on traffic. Kinda like driving into Cool on
      Saturday afternoon.....

      Lady Zinaida Or'Shinaia!

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Else Hunrvogt"
      <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

      > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, mark murphy <dkarp@> wrote:
      >
      > > It still does not answer the question - how far for Ellen or
      Zinaidia
      > > to Modesto? HOw about from SF or Marin?
      >
      > Car, not trailer, times, variation based on traffic -
      >
      > Santa Cruz to Modesto - 2.5 - 3 hours
      > SFO to Modesto - 2-3 hours
      > Marin to Modesto - 3-3.5 hours
      > Paso Robles to Modesto - 3.5 to 4 hours
      > LA County Fairgrounds to Modesto 4.5-6 hours
      >
      > Waterford is 30 minutes past Modesto.
      >
      > Santa Cruz to Gustine (20-25 miles south of Modesto, but off of I-
      5) -
      > 2 hours
      > SFO to Gustine - 2-3 hours
      > Marin to Gustine - 2.5-3 hours
      > Paso Robles to Gustine - 2.5 to 3 hours
      > LA County Fairgrounds to Gustine 4-4.5 hours
      >
      > The Site I totally poo-poo'd (East of Merced):
      > From Santa Cruz - 4 hours
      > From SFO - 4-5 hours
      > From Marin - 5-5.5 hours
      > From Paso - 4.5-5 hours
      > From the LA County Fairgounds - 6 hours
      > From Reno - 5.5-6 hours
      > From Gustine - 2 hours
      >
      > In my experience, Golden Rivers folks prefer events north of
      > Turlock/Westley. West of 49. East of 505.
      >
      > Canale folks like things south of I-80 and North of the
      Cynagua/Caid
      > Border.
      >
      > For myself, drives of 1.5 to 2 hours are no big deal and readily
      day-
      > trip-able. Drives of 3 hours are doable, but make me think.
      Drives of
      > 4 hours are day-trip-able with a friend, but I have to have a
      reason
      > that I want/feel obligated to be there. It's not that I won't
      drive 3
      > hours and more. It's that I'd prefer not to.
      >
      > Else

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic