6396Re: Speaking of Trail Riding - Anyone interested?

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Aug 1, 2007
      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, mark murphy <dkarp@...> wrote:

      > It still does not answer the question - how far for Ellen or Zinaidia
      > to Modesto? HOw about from SF or Marin?

      Car, not trailer, times, variation based on traffic -

      Santa Cruz to Modesto - 2.5 - 3 hours
      SFO to Modesto - 2-3 hours
      Marin to Modesto - 3-3.5 hours
      Paso Robles to Modesto - 3.5 to 4 hours
      LA County Fairgrounds to Modesto 4.5-6 hours

      Waterford is 30 minutes past Modesto.

      Santa Cruz to Gustine (20-25 miles south of Modesto, but off of I-5) -
      2 hours
      SFO to Gustine - 2-3 hours
      Marin to Gustine - 2.5-3 hours
      Paso Robles to Gustine - 2.5 to 3 hours
      LA County Fairgrounds to Gustine 4-4.5 hours

      The Site I totally poo-poo'd (East of Merced):
      From Santa Cruz - 4 hours
      From SFO - 4-5 hours
      From Marin - 5-5.5 hours
      From Paso - 4.5-5 hours
      From the LA County Fairgounds - 6 hours
      From Reno - 5.5-6 hours
      From Gustine - 2 hours

      In my experience, Golden Rivers folks prefer events north of
      Turlock/Westley. West of 49. East of 505.

      Canale folks like things south of I-80 and North of the Cynagua/Caid
      Border.

      For myself, drives of 1.5 to 2 hours are no big deal and readily day-
      trip-able. Drives of 3 hours are doable, but make me think. Drives of
      4 hours are day-trip-able with a friend, but I have to have a reason
      that I want/feel obligated to be there. It's not that I won't drive 3
      hours and more. It's that I'd prefer not to.