4263Re: IKEqC AS41 Rules & Regs

  • Qorin Borajin
    May 2 10:33 AM
      Heads is the best of the IKeqC games in my opinion, since it
      provides the most opportunity for you to do some good work with your
      horse.

      Despooking -- bending -- handling weight shifts -- lead changes...

      I think it has a lot more to offer than the other games, though
      adding in a barrel at the end for cornering and a second row of
      heads on the way back -- rather like the way CMS does their basic
      balloon course -- would make it even better... and what would
      *really* be neat is if there was a paper ribbon 7' off the ground at
      each end that you had to make it under. (Both horse and rider have
      to duck those swinging pikes). That would really force some nice
      focus on how well the rider can control their balance and how well
      they are with their horse. (Asking the horse to get soft and drop
      the head while maintaining the forward pace while the rider is
      ducking too.)

      ...okay, so mebbe Phooka and Jester would need the ribbon to be 8'
      off the ground ;)

      That's my $0.02...

      --- Qorin ---

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rachael Keish" <rachaelo@...>
      wrote:

      > Yeah, well, for all of the people that groan about heads being back
      > in, there are all those people on the other hand who were
      diappointed
      > to see the only game that involved manuevering and time go away.
      > (sigh)
      >
      > But I'm happy to take all feedback and input for next year's
      > competition now! Ya can't please everybody all the time, but the
      > more people I hear from the more I'll know what people like & don't
      > like about IKEqC, and the more we can improve the competition.
      >
      > Just think - there's still birjas (the new experimental game) and
      > archery that could be thrown into the mix for AS42, not to mention
      > spear throwing that could be an option in the future (you throw the
      > spears into targets on haybales - we did this at Gulf Wars and
      > Estrella and it was a blast).
      >
      > Or if I *really* get wild, there's always the 'stick a target to a
      > jouster's chest and score a game with grease paint on our styrofoam
      > tips' option, but I think we'd need to test run that to see if it
      > would work before I'd introduce it as an experimental game. :-)
      >
      > If anyone has any suggestions or other ideas for IKEqC games in the
      > future - particularly for period games, which heads very
      definitely is
      > not - I would love to hear them!!
      > :-),
      > Marguerite
      >

      > On 5/1/06, juliana_of_avon <la3luna@...> wrote:
      > > UGH! "HEADS" AGAIN?
      > >
      > > I'll have to break it to Jester that it's time to do the cha cha
      > > again ... listen closely and you'll hear his lower lip hit the
      stall
      > > floor with a resounding THUD! A THUD heard all the way to the
      Mists!

      > > Hey Anton .... can I borrow your horse? (evyll snicker)
      > >
      > > Juliana of Avon
      > >

      > > <snip>
      > > > - this year's championship games are rings, reeds, and
      heads<snip>

      > > This is not an official SCA email list.

      > > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button
      which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and
      the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

      > > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic