2198Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Re: Fwd: Conceptualizing "Collegium Equus"...feedback please?

    Nov 6, 2004
      Greetings ariadne-
      I think it sounds fantastic, I would be intersted in attending and in
      helping out in any way possible (marshaling, jousting
      demo/authorizations, teaching a class on period mounted combat
      technique, are a few things I could do). I would also be interested
      in renting a horse for the weekend.

      >>I would most likely attend same if it did not conflict with a West
      Kingdom Crown/Coronation, or Cynagua Coronet/Investiture.<<
      Just in case you don't have these handy, I'll give you a run down of
      Kingdom & Principality 'taken' dates for next yaer (I think this hits
      on all the major ones currently on the calendar):
      Feb18-20 Estrella War
      March 25-27 Crown
      April 1-3 Mists Coronet
      April 23rd West Kingdom EQ Event
      April 29-May1 Beltane Coronation
      May 14? Mists Investiture? (not on calendar....)
      May 20-22 Collegium
      May 27-30 Cynaguan Coronet
      June 24-26 Crown
      June 22-24 Arts & Sciences
      July 8-10 Cynaguan Investiture
      August 26-28 Purgatorio Coronation
      Sept. 16-18 Mists Coronet
      Sept 30-Oct 2 Crown
      Oct 15 Collegium
      Oct 22 Fall EQ Event? (I'm reserving the date today)
      October 28-30 Cynaguan Coronet
      Nov 12 - Mists Investiture

      In service,
      Marguerite
      West Kingdom EQ Officer

      On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 00:59:27 -0000, Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent
      <bulotki@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > Below is a summary of my noodling so far...looking for a suitable
      > weekend in Jan, Feb or March. Guest instructors from inside and
      > outside the SCA. Will need loads of folks to make this happen...and
      > lots and lots of "ground crew" too! Costs would be kept as low as
      > possible but contingent on participation, number of rental horses
      > used each day, etc.
      > >
      > > For now, what do you think? Would something like this interest you?
      > What passions do you have that you'd like to see represented/taught?
      > Would you be interested in helping make this event happen?
      > >
      > > ~Ariadne
      > >
      > > Collegium Equus is:
      > > ...a 2-day program of learning about and developing medieval
      > equestrian knowledge and skills. Each day would have two tracks...one
      > for the "advanced" rider and/or horse owner, the other
      > novice/intermediate or not-yet-authorized individual.
      > >
      > > Ideas include....
      > >
      > > TRACK 1
      > > Advanced authorizations
      > > Period Cavalry Maneuvers
      > > Pig Sticking technique
      > > The Quintain technique
      > > Tilting Rings technique
      > > Heads & Reeds technique
      > > Spear/Javelin technique
      > > Mounted archery technique
      > > How to train *your* war horse to do the games
      > > Mounted combat technique & Authorization
      > > Learning to joust (inc. training your horse)
      > > (2nd Day) SCA Jousting clinic & Authorization
      > > (2nd Day) Riding armored & accoutered
      > >
      > > TRACK 2
      > > Riding 101: Learn to Ride (Focus on the basic "classical
      > seat"...works for English or Western "styles" of riding)
      > > Intro to the games
      > > Authorizations: Novice & Intermediate
      > > Building your own ring lance, boffer, pig sticking spear, etc.
      > > Riding skills for heavies fighters
      > > Intro to riding in armor
      > > Intro to mounted combat
      > > Groundcrew basics
      > > (2nd day) Riding 201...bettering your skills
      > > (2nd day) Games techniques for novice/intermediate rider
      > > Authorizations: Intermediate & Advanced
      > > (2nd Day) Cavalry maneuvers
      > > (2nd Day) Riding armored and accoutered
      > >
      > > ALL
      > > The "Non Competitive" period equestrian pursuits:
      > > ~The Quest
      > > ~"Hawking parties"
      > > ~The Hunt
      > > ~Mounted processions
      > > ~Synchronized riding (drill team, quadrille, Pas de deux,
      > Carrousel etc)
      > > ~Cavalry riding technique
      > > ~Camping at wars with a horse
      > >
      > > Make your own horse barding
      > > Saddle history/Making a period saddle
      > > SCA-style jousting rules, equiment & basics
      > > Making a period bridle
      > > Making your own games equipment
      > > War Horse HistoryHistory of horse breeds
      > > The gaited horse in history
      > >
      > > What else?
      > >

      > > My Website: http://socalsinglefooters.iceryder.net
      > > "No hour is lost that is spent in the saddle"

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic