12304Tournament at West Antir

    Apr 23, 2014
      Master Sir Connor MacAuffllie FitzJames and Mistress Siobhan ni Seaghdha wish to announce a Grand Tournament in the style of the 15th century at West Antir War.

      The tournament will be conducted in three parts.

      1. A single pass of the lance. one point for any type of break upon your opponent
      2. A single Mount Combat or Crest combat  engagement.  one point to the first Good Blow (or knock the crest off)
      3. Dismount and conduct a 'within quarters' bout at the barrier using your MC/crest sword. one point to the first Good Blow

      Details:
      Formal introductions to the Gallery

      You will run the joust lane, hand off the lance to your groom and receive the sword.

       If both opponents are Mounted combat or Crest combat, the bout will follow those rules.  If one is Crest and the other Mounted, then the bout will follow the Crest rules.

      You will then move to the barrier, dismount, hand you horse to the groom and conduct a bout within the quarters at the barrier.

      Once the riders have moved to the barrier, the next pair may begin.

      The tournament will be conducted as a Round Robin unless we have more than a half dozen riders..

      As you can see, each rider could use the services of their own groom - a great way for folks to get involved who might be new to SCA eq!.  Maybe you know someone who needs a ride to the war and would be willing to give 2 hours of their time to being a groom in exchange for a lift?  The West does not have 'groundcrew' specific authorizations so, as long as the person is acceptable to the eqMiC, they may be a groundcrew.

      We will bring extra tips and only ask that , if you need them, you pay the cost ($1.00).  If anyone would like to go home with tips, let me know and I will be bunches.

      There will a Prize of Worth to the one with the most points.

      Questions?????                 Start practicing!!!