12245Cynaguan Mounted Skills Workshop at Browns Valley - 11/3/13

  • Nancy Reimers
    Oct 19 9:57 AM
      The next Cynaguan Mounted Skills Workshop is coming up in a couple of weeks. I know I'm excited that I will have time to get my horse out and work him a bit coming into this workshop. I hope the rest of you have some time in your riding schedules too.

      River Rock Cobs, 6497 Marysville Rd, Browns Valley, CA
      Come join us at River Rock Cobs in Browns Valley, CA for the next installment in the Cynaguan Mounted Skills Workshop Series. From Xenophon to Duarte through modern day, riding circles is a key element in war horse training. As we have discovered in many of our workshops to date, riding straight is key to mastering many of our combat skills and as many horsemen can tell you, if you want to lope straight, lope circles; if you want to back straight, back circles. We will also start the day off with a braiding workshop and some grooming to win tips, because really, what's the point of being an effective killer, if your horse doesn't look fabulous while you are doing it?

      This workshop is ideally suited to :

      1) Folks that have an interest in learning grooming tricks, in learning how to braid, or in improving their braid techniques.
      2) Folks that are comfortable riding at least a walk and trot and would like to work on learning to establish and maintain bend.
      3) Folks that are comfortable at a walk and trot and are looking to work on riding circles while encumbered with a lance or shield.
      4) Folks that have discovered that they or their horse needs to be able to travel straighter in SCA games and/or jousting/quintain runs.
      5) Folks that just wanna come hang with a bunch of amazing horse folks.
      6) Young or Green horses that need more exposure to SCA activities.

      *Loaner horses may be available. Contact the organizers if you are looking to borrow a horse,

      **Stabling and camping available. Please let the organizers know if you are planning on staying overnight.

      10:00 am - Circles from the Ground with Jean.

      Jean will be teaching a class on long lining and in hand work to improve your circles from the ground.

      11:00 am - Circle excercises from the saddle with Laurentia or Else

      Come hope on your pony and work on some circle drills led be Laurentia or Else that are geared at improving the rhythm and regularity of your circles.

      11:00 am - Lunge line mini lessons with Jean.

      Take a few minutes to get a seat tune up in the Round pen with Jean who has a solid back ground in the classical seat.

      Noonish - Circles a la garrocha with Angela Wilson

      Use a garrocha to help you improve your circling skills.

      1ish - Late Lunch potluck and post ride talk. Else will provide meats and breads. Bring your favorite sandwich condiments and sides to share.

      https://www.facebook.com/events/361484307317643/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming