12186Equestrian Activities at Beltane

  • Nancy Reimers
    Apr 29, 2013
      Beltane is this coming weekend. For those of you that reserved a stall don't forget to to bring water buckets. We will have water in our area for the horses.

      There are riding activities planned both days. If you are not an authorized rider, please touch base with Else to obtain an authorization before you head out on course.

      *Saturday (10 am-ish - dusk): There will be "animals" to hunt around the ranch including Boar, Goats, Cats, a Wolf, Bunnies, Otters, and a Bear. Please return the obstacles to the state in which you would have liked to have found them when you are done killing or capturing the animal. There will be weapons near the animals.

      If you don't hunt or didn't get enough riding in on the hunt, there ranch backs up to many, many acres of BLM land and we are welcome to ride on that.

      *Sunday (9 AM): My intent is to holding the Sunday AM activities on the List Field assuming suitable footing. If that plan changes, I'll let folks know. If anyone needs me to feed Sunday morning, let me know.

      We will be practicing Medieval Mounted Combat Skills including Close Quarters Riding, Introductory Mounted Wrestling, and Introductory Mounted Long Sword (Bring knee pads, fencing masks, and gorgets if you have them). As this is a group activity, please be tacked up and mounted up by 9 am. We will be starting with passing drills at the walk, so your warm up needs probably will not be great. If folks need to drop in and out of the practice for meetings, we will completely understand.

      There will also be some riders out practicing SCA Mounted Combat. Bring appropriate armor if you would like to play.

      See you there,

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic