10618Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Equestriums in 2011; Questions

    Nov 1, 2010
      We hold one in April ish and one in Sept ish.

      Both have had classes and contests.  For the last 2 years, since we had a EQ Champion created, the Fall one has also had the Champion competition.  The autocrat is often the person deciding a theme and activities for each event, although Fall will continue to have the Champion competition as a part of it.

      We need a site that can hold trailers for 20 or so horses (7ish trailers).  Someplace with an arena is good. A covered arena for the spring is Very Good but not Necessary.  We have used sites in Rio Linda, Auburn, at Skyline Park, a couple in Lodi.................

      As they are Kingdom level events, the money for the site and the insurance comes from the kingdom budget.

      We do not have dates yet for either event - we do not autocrats volunteering yet either (hint hint).

      If we get an autocrat volunteer before 12th Night, we will set a date ASAP. Otherwise, I expect we will set the dates at the 12th Night Sun am meeting.

      Siobhan

      On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:53 PM, <dcamville@...> wrote:

      Greetings Everyone!

      Had a conversation with some non-SCA horse folks recently. We got to chatting about having gatherings/meetings/play days and so on.
      It got me thinking (shocking, I know - GRIN) about Equestriums in 2011.
      Just have a few questions:

      We usually hold two per year, right? One is more "class focused" and the other is more "championship focused" or am I mistaken?

      Do we have dates for these events yet?

      When looking at sites what do we want to have, facilities wise, access to? What is our usual budget for rental? Where do the funds come from?

      Okay...I know that is a fair number of questions. It would be great to hear some answers. Once I have the information (didn't see anything in our Files section) I could go scout out some sites.

      Thanks in advance!

      Richard de Camville