      From: WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tori
      Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 4:08 PM
      To: WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com; dcamville@...
      Subject: Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Equestriums in 2011; Questions

      Ooh and other more obvious question... Richard are you volunteering to autocrat?   I believe we have a Fall Equestrium autocrat but if Spring is open...

      Arianwen

      Neca Eos Omnes.  Deus Suos Agnoset.

      From: dcamville@... <dcamville@...>
      Subject: [WestKingdomEQ] Equestriums in 2011; Questions
      To: WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 3:53 PM

      Greetings Everyone!

      Had a conversation with some non-SCA horse folks recently. We got to chatting about having gatherings/meetings/play days and so on.
      It got me thinking (shocking, I know - GRIN) about Equestriums in 2011.
      Just have a few questions:

      We usually hold two per year, right? One is more "class focused" and the other is more "championship focused" or am I mistaken?

      That would be a fair statement.

      Do we have dates for these events yet?

      I could be wrong, but I don't believe the Calendar Deputy has opened up date selections yet.  Fall Equestrium is usually in September.

      When looking at sites what do we want to have, facilities wise, access to? What is our usual budget for rental? Where do the funds come from?

      Depends on what classes you are wanting to hold... two large arenas, a round pen, an area where horseback archery could be held are all nice.  Covered areas for Spring Equestrium is especially nice.  We can always work around what we find.  I'll leave the budget question to someone else.  The funds come from the West Kingdom, as it is a West Kingdom event.

      The Lodi location has been well received, is centrally located, is fairly easy to autocrat (one fee for privies/site etc.) and the owners LOVE us and are willing to have us back as often as we want.  They are also willing to have camping.  I believe having the Fall Equestrium there has worked really well and we will probably continue to do so.

      Okay...I know that is a fair number of questions. It would be great to hear some answers. Once I have the information (didn't see anything in our Files section) I could go scout out some sites.

      Thanks in advance!

      Richard de Camville

      No virus found in this message.