Prosecution checking political affiliation of jury pool???

  • Trader Kevin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2012
      Tweets by Jim Parsons
      WTEA-TV, Pittsburgh
      May 30, 2012

      Sandusky attorneys file motion to compel atty general to hand over info about 600 potential jurors.

      Amendola alleges AG may have secretly vetted each member of jury pool.

      Amendola alleged secret vetting was done to obtain a favorable jury for prosecution. Claims AG did same thing during Bonusgate cases.

      Amendola alleges AG checking jurors' politics, occupations, debts and criminal histories.

      Amendola alleges AG searching jurors history of political contributions.

      https://twitter.com/JimParsons
    • Trader Kevin
      Message 2 of 6 , May 30, 2012
        >> Amendola alleged secret vetting was done to obtain a favorable jury for prosecution. Claims AG did same thing during Bonusgate cases...Amendola alleges AG searching jurors history of political contributions. <<

        To refresh your memory, during Bonusgate staffers were given extraordinary state bonuses. The AG eventually got pleas/convictions that at least some of the bonuses were illegal payment for work done for political campaigns...

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Pennsylvania_General_Assembly_bonus_controversy

        The Attorney General during Bonusgate was Tom Corbett.

        One of the Bonusgate defense attorneys was Sandusky attorney Karl Rominger.

        The web gets more tangled every day!

        Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin
      • Michael Miller
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2012
          Half my life has been lived in PA, half in AL. It is not often that from a political standpoint I can say that I am less embarrassed to be in AL!

          >> Amendola alleged secret vetting was done to obtain a favorable jury for prosecution. Claims AG did same thing during Bonusgate cases...Amendola alleges AG searching jurors history of political contributions. <<

          To refresh your memory, during Bonusgate staffers were given extraordinary state bonuses. The AG eventually got pleas/convictions that at least some of the bonuses were illegal payment for work done for political campaigns...

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Pennsylvania_General_Assembly_bonus_controversy

          The Attorney General during Bonusgate was Tom Corbett.

          One of the Bonusgate defense attorneys was Sandusky attorney Karl Rominger.

          The web gets more tangled every day!

          Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin

        • Rocko
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2012
            Not to mention, that Bonusgate was the reason Corbett's office was "too
            busy" to pursue Sandusky earlier. :-)

            Rocko

            On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Trader Kevin <cbot_kevin@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > >> Amendola alleged secret vetting was done to obtain a favorable jury for
            > prosecution. Claims AG did same thing during Bonusgate cases...Amendola
            > alleges AG searching jurors history of political contributions. <<
            >
            > To refresh your memory, during Bonusgate staffers were given extraordinary
            > state bonuses. The AG eventually got pleas/convictions that at least some
            > of the bonuses were illegal payment for work done for political campaigns...
            >

            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Pennsylvania_General_Assembly_bonus_controversy
            >
            > The Attorney General during Bonusgate was Tom Corbett.
            >
            > One of the Bonusgate defense attorneys was Sandusky attorney Karl Rominger.
            >
            > The web gets more tangled every day!
            >
            > Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin

          • Steve Brame
            Message 5 of 6 , May 31, 2012
              I'm not going to comment on the BonusGate crap. That was a witchhunt of monumental proportions.

              Steve

              On May 31, 2012, at 3:20 PM, Rocko <rockopsu@...> wrote:

              > Not to mention, that Bonusgate was the reason Corbett's office was "too
              > busy" to pursue Sandusky earlier. :-)
              >
              > Rocko
              >

              > On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Trader Kevin <cbot_kevin@...> wrote:
              >
              >> **

              >> prosecution. Claims AG did same thing during Bonusgate cases...Amendola
              >> alleges AG searching jurors history of political contributions. <<
              >>
              >> To refresh your memory, during Bonusgate staffers were given extraordinary
              >> state bonuses. The AG eventually got pleas/convictions that at least some
              >> of the bonuses were illegal payment for work done for political campaigns...
              >>

              >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Pennsylvania_General_Assembly_bonus_controversy
              >>
              >> The Attorney General during Bonusgate was Tom Corbett.
              >>
              >> One of the Bonusgate defense attorneys was Sandusky attorney Karl Rominger.
              >>
              >> The web gets more tangled every day!
              >>
              >> Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin

              > We Are...Penn StateYahoo! Groups Links

            • Trader Kevin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
                Steve Brame:

                >> I'm not going to comment on the BonusGate crap. That was a witchhunt of monumental proportions. <<

                But at least the AG's motives were pure and not at all influenced by his political aspirations.

                [Sarcasm mode = off]

                Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin