tOSU AD on violations: 'It's nothing that troubles me'

  • Trader Kevin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2012
      I understand that every school self-reports dozens of minor NCAA violations every year, but this response from The Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith about such infraction is quite funny...

      "It's nothing that troubles me. It's normal operating business. It's nothing that troubles me. I've seen all the cases, we know all the cases. You look at them, and they're inadvertent mistakes."

      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/05/18/OSU-ncaa-violations.ap/index.html

      The reason this is funny is that apparently NOTHING troubles Gene Smith.

      In March 2011 Tressel admitted to engaging in a cover-up. Instead of firing him immediately, Smith said, "Wherever we end up, at the end of the day, Jim Tressel is our football coach...He's our coach, and we trust him implicitly."

      http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2011/05/30/timeline-in-quotes.html

      So please forgive my amusement regarding Gene Smith's assurances that these violations are "nothing that troubles me."

      Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin