Re: [We Are...Penn State] I Must Have Missed This

  • Dave Kroll
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2012
      Hey, it's a different world now.. Before Jan 31st I'd be on this all day
      while Shuttle was closing down. Now I have to till the garden... plant the
      garden, weed the garden, pick the vegies...

      --
      Dave Kroll Penn State Proud
      DB2 and IMS from Soup 2 Nuts Support

      210-827-1382 (-Cell-)
      256-325-6952 (-Home-)

      [image: Picture]

    • NittanyK
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2012
        A four team playoff is far from ideal, but if it involves the possibility of northern teams hosting the first round, I will view it as a big step forward. If there is going to be a playoff, warm weather schools shouldn't be permitted to keep the post-season advantage.

        Frankly, I attended so many wonderful bowl games and had so many fabulous vacations in the 80s and 90s that I do have a nostalgia for the pre-Alliance, pre-BCS days. But I'm getting old and there will never again be a time where Penn State fans are totally pumped for a Holiday Bowl with 7-3-1 PSU against BYU (the most fun, emotionally wringing game I've attended) or even a Citrus Bowl against Tennessee.

        Old Ken.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 9, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Dave Kroll <dave@...> wrote:

        > BCS recommends four-team playoff format for 2014
        >
        > http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/18843675
        >
        > Dated April 14... so did I miss it?
        >
        > --
        > Dave Kroll Penn State Proud
        > DB2 and IMS from Soup 2 Nuts Support
        >
        > 210-827-1382 (-Cell-)
        > 256-325-6952 (-Home-)
        >
        > [image: Picture]

      • Dave Kroll
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2012
          I'm still trying to convince Wife we should head up to the Virginia game
          in Charlottesville. It looks like it will be a hard ticket. And finding a
          place to stay for the game is even now difficult.

          On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM, NittanyK <nittanykat@...> wrote:

          > A four team playoff is far from ideal, but if it involves the possibility
          > of northern teams hosting the first round, I will view it as a big step
          > forward. If there is going to be a playoff, warm weather schools shouldn't
          > be permitted to keep the post-season advantage.
          >
          > Frankly, I attended so many wonderful bowl games and had so many fabulous
          > vacations in the 80s and 90s that I do have a nostalgia for the
          > pre-Alliance, pre-BCS days. But I'm getting old and there will never again
          > be a time where Penn State fans are totally pumped for a Holiday Bowl with
          > 7-3-1 PSU against BYU (the most fun, emotionally wringing game I've
          > attended) or even a Citrus Bowl against Tennessee.
          >
          > Old Ken.
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On May 9, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Dave Kroll <dave@...> wrote:
          >
          > > BCS recommends four-team playoff format for 2014
          > >
          > > http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/18843675
          > >
          > > Dated April 14... so did I miss it?
          > >
          > > --
          > > Dave Kroll Penn State Proud
          > > DB2 and IMS from Soup 2 Nuts Support
          > >
          > > 210-827-1382 (-Cell-)
          > > 256-325-6952 (-Home-)
          > >
          > > [image: Picture]

          > We Are...Penn StateYahoo! Groups Links

          --
          Dave Kroll Penn State Proud
          DB2 and IMS from Soup 2 Nuts Support

          210-827-1382 (-Cell-)
          256-325-6952 (-Home-)

          [image: Picture]

        • Rocko
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2012
            Just got the away game ticket application, Dave. They are only allowing us
            to buy 2 for Virginia, so I can't even help you out. I am definitely going.
            Maybe someone else on the list can get them for you.

            Rocko

          • thelorow@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 10, 2012
              Got my application, definitely going. Hope my 343 NLC points gets me
              tickets.

              Jerry Lorow (class of '85)

              Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

              Message 6 of 8 , May 10, 2012
                Thanks Rocko... I give most of my money to my undergrad school... West
                Chester.... and I don't belong to the PSU "club". So I don't have any pool
                up there. Mary Ann got me tickets once for some game. I'll check on the
                tickets nearer to the game I guess. This time I won't be playing in a golf
                tournament before the game.

                Remember to get a place to stay early...

                Dave