OT: Airport traffic control tower to be operational in September

  • Bob DeMarco
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
      yikes, no wonder the hoops team can't get anybody in.

      The recently completed airport traffic control tower at the University Park
      Airport will be functional in about a month, according to Airport Director
      Bryan Rodgers. Once it goes online, the tower will operate from 6 a.m. to 10
      p.m., seven days a week. A staff of an air traffic manager and controllers
      have arrived on-site. "They'll have a 30-day break-in period to finalize
      some
      paperwork and get organized, and then I expect the tower to be operational
      and
      controllers actually controlling air traffic around Sept. 1," said Rodgers.

      Read the full story on Live:
      http://live.psu.edu/story/<http://live.psu.edu/story/54323#nw1>

      54323#nw1 <http://live.psu.edu/story/54323#nw1>

      Bob
      Bob DeMarco
      Alzheimer's Reading
      Room<http://www.alzheimersreadingroom.com/2010/02/about-alzheimers-reading-room.html>
      http://www.alzheimersreadingroom.com

    • Trader Kevin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        A staff of an air traffic manager and controllers have arrived on-site. "They'll have a 30-day break-in period to finalize some paperwork and get organized, and then I expect the tower to be operational and controllers actually controlling air traffic around Sept. 1," said University Park Airport Director Bryan Rodgers.

        That timeline coincides with the first Penn State home football game of the season, Sept. 3 vs. Indiana State. "That's purely coincidence," Rodgers said.

        http://live.psu.edu/story/54323#nw1

        What a convenience "coincidence"! LOL!

        Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin
      • Kroll, Paul D. (MSFC-IS70)[UNITeS]
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
          I guess we are lucky that the airport paid for the tower 'cause the FAA isn't funded right now.

          Dave