Penn State vs. Florida in Outback Bowl

  • Trader Kevin
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2010
      Penn State press release
      December 5, 2010

      UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.--Penn State is heading back to Tampa Bay, as the Nittany Lions will meet Florida in the 25th Outback Bowl on New Year's Day.

      Penn State and the Gators today were selected for clash of national powers in the 25th Outback Bowl on Saturday, January 1, 2011. The contest will kick at 1:00 p.m. ET in Tampa's Raymond James Stadium (65,657) will air on ABC and the Penn State Sports Network. Coach Joe Paterno's squad will be meeting a Southeastern Conference opponent in a bowl game for the third time in the past six years.

      "We are thrilled to be returning to the Outback Bowl," said Tim Curley, Director of Athletics. "Everyone from Penn State has had an outstanding experience during our previous trips to Tampa Bay. We're delighted to be playing in the Outback Bowl's 25th anniversary game and one more opportunity for our great fans to support this team. The hospitality extended to our squad and fans by the Outback Bowl staff has been tremendous during our previous visits and we're looking forward to the bowl events and attractions in the Tampa area."

      "This team has worked hard all season and has been a great group to work with," stated Paterno, who is in his 45th season as head coach and is the all-time leader in victories among major college coaches with a 401-133-3 (74.9) record. "I'm happy for the squad that their efforts will be rewarded with an opportunity to go to the Outback Bowl, where we have had some wonderful experiences, and be involved in a good, tough game. It will be fun to go back to the Tampa Bay area."

      "When you talk about tradition and history of college football it just doesn't get any better than Penn State and the University of Florida," said Outback Bowl President/CEO Jim McVay. "It's our 25th anniversary game and we can't think of a better way to celebrate it on New Year's Day than with Coach Paterno's Nittany Lions and Coach Urban Meyer's Gators."

      Florida will be the fourth Bowl Championship Series winner from the 2009 season that the Nittany Lions have played this year, having already played at Alabama, Iowa, and Ohio State.

      http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120510aab.html
    • Michael Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2010
        WOW - I'll be there. Short trip for this one. Longer for the BCS game
        assuming I can get a 2nd mortgage and 4 tickets!!!!

        >>> Trader Kevin <cbot_kevin@...> 12/5/2010 5:30 PM >>>
        Penn State press release
        December 5, 2010

        UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.--Penn State is heading back to Tampa Bay, as the
        Nittany Lions will meet Florida in the 25th Outback Bowl on New Year's
        Day.

        Penn State and the Gators today were selected for clash of national
        powers in the 25th Outback Bowl on Saturday, January 1, 2011. The
        contest will kick at 1:00 p.m. ET in Tampa's Raymond James Stadium
        (65,657) will air on ABC and the Penn State Sports Network. Coach Joe
        Paterno's squad will be meeting a Southeastern Conference opponent in a
        bowl game for the third time in the past six years.

        "We are thrilled to be returning to the Outback Bowl," said Tim Curley,
        Director of Athletics. "Everyone from Penn State has had an outstanding
        experience during our previous trips to Tampa Bay. We're delighted to be
        playing in the Outback Bowl's 25th anniversary game and one more
        opportunity for our great fans to support this team. The hospitality
        extended to our squad and fans by the Outback Bowl staff has been
        tremendous during our previous visits and we're looking forward to the
        bowl events and attractions in the Tampa area."

        "This team has worked hard all season and has been a great group to
        work with," stated Paterno, who is in his 45th season as head coach and
        is the all-time leader in victories among major college coaches with a
        401-133-3 (74.9) record. "I'm happy for the squad that their efforts
        will be rewarded with an opportunity to go to the Outback Bowl, where we
        have had some wonderful experiences, and be involved in a good, tough
        game. It will be fun to go back to the Tampa Bay area."

        "When you talk about tradition and history of college football it just
        doesn't get any better than Penn State and the University of Florida,"
        said Outback Bowl President/CEO Jim McVay. "It's our 25th anniversary
        game and we can't think of a better way to celebrate it on New Year's
        Day than with Coach Paterno's Nittany Lions and Coach Urban Meyer's
        Gators."

        Florida will be the fourth Bowl Championship Series winner from the
        2009 season that the Nittany Lions have played this year, having already
        played at Alabama, Iowa, and Ohio State.

        http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120510aab.html
      • Kroll, Paul D. (MSFC-IS70)[UNITeS]
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2010
          Not me ... though it IS a good show there. I was there when we beat Tennessee. I have (maybe had?) connections there. I could get great seats there. I was just counting on Jacksonville. Wife didn't want to drive 9 hours anyway so I guess I'll just cancel my room at the Marriott and stay home.

          Dave Kroll Penn State Proud
          DB2 and IMS from Soup 2 Nuts Support

          256-544-1462 (-Office-)
          210-827-1382 (-Cell-)
          256-325-6952 (-Home-)

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2010
            This page has a link with the Tennessee highlights.

            http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/penn-state-football-outback-bowl-has-history-as-lions-territory-593800/

            Dave Kroll Penn State Proud
            DB2 and IMS from Soup 2 Nuts Support

            256-544-1462 (-Office-)
            210-827-1382 (-Cell-)
            256-325-6952 (-Home-)

            WOW - I'll be there. Short trip for this one. Longer for the BCS game
            assuming I can get a 2nd mortgage and 4 tickets!!!!

            >>> Trader Kevin <cbot_kevin@...<mailto:cbot_kevin%40yahoo.com>> 12/5/2010 5:30 PM >>>
            Penn State press release
            December 5, 2010

            UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.--Penn State is heading back to Tampa Bay, as the
            Nittany Lions will meet Florida in the 25th Outback Bowl on New Year's
            Day.

            Penn State and the Gators today were selected for clash of national
            powers in the 25th Outback Bowl on Saturday, January 1, 2011. The
            contest will kick at 1:00 p.m. ET in Tampa's Raymond James Stadium
            (65,657) will air on ABC and the Penn State Sports Network. Coach Joe
            Paterno's squad will be meeting a Southeastern Conference opponent in a
            bowl game for the third time in the past six years.

            "We are thrilled to be returning to the Outback Bowl," said Tim Curley,
            Director of Athletics. "Everyone from Penn State has had an outstanding
            experience during our previous trips to Tampa Bay. We're delighted to be
            playing in the Outback Bowl's 25th anniversary game and one more
            opportunity for our great fans to support this team. The hospitality
            extended to our squad and fans by the Outback Bowl staff has been
            tremendous during our previous visits and we're looking forward to the
            bowl events and attractions in the Tampa area."

            "This team has worked hard all season and has been a great group to
            work with," stated Paterno, who is in his 45th season as head coach and
            is the all-time leader in victories among major college coaches with a
            401-133-3 (74.9) record. "I'm happy for the squad that their efforts
            will be rewarded with an opportunity to go to the Outback Bowl, where we
            have had some wonderful experiences, and be involved in a good, tough
            game. It will be fun to go back to the Tampa Bay area."

            "When you talk about tradition and history of college football it just
            doesn't get any better than Penn State and the University of Florida,"
            said Outback Bowl President/CEO Jim McVay. "It's our 25th anniversary
            game and we can't think of a better way to celebrate it on New Year's
            Day than with Coach Paterno's Nittany Lions and Coach Urban Meyer's
            Gators."

            Florida will be the fourth Bowl Championship Series winner from the
            2009 season that the Nittany Lions have played this year, having already
            played at Alabama, Iowa, and Ohio State.

            http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120510aab.html

          • Rob

              WOW - I'll be there. Short trip for this one. Longer for the BCS game
              assuming I can get a 2nd mortgage and 4 tickets!!!!

              >>> Trader Kevin <cbot_kevin@...<mailto:cbot_kevin%40yahoo.com>> 12/5/2010 5:30 PM >>>
              Penn State press release
              December 5, 2010

              UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.--Penn State is heading back to Tampa Bay, as the
              Nittany Lions will meet Florida in the 25th Outback Bowl on New Year's
              Day.

              Penn State and the Gators today were selected for clash of national
              powers in the 25th Outback Bowl on Saturday, January 1, 2011. The
              contest will kick at 1:00 p.m. ET in Tampa's Raymond James Stadium
              (65,657) will air on ABC and the Penn State Sports Network. Coach Joe
              Paterno's squad will be meeting a Southeastern Conference opponent in a
              bowl game for the third time in the past six years.

              "We are thrilled to be returning to the Outback Bowl," said Tim Curley,
              Director of Athletics. "Everyone from Penn State has had an outstanding
              experience during our previous trips to Tampa Bay. We're delighted to be
              playing in the Outback Bowl's 25th anniversary game and one more
              opportunity for our great fans to support this team. The hospitality
              extended to our squad and fans by the Outback Bowl staff has been
              tremendous during our previous visits and we're looking forward to the
              bowl events and attractions in the Tampa area."

              "This team has worked hard all season and has been a great group to
              work with," stated Paterno, who is in his 45th season as head coach and
              is the all-time leader in victories among major college coaches with a
              401-133-3 (74.9) record. "I'm happy for the squad that their efforts
              will be rewarded with an opportunity to go to the Outback Bowl, where we
              have had some wonderful experiences, and be involved in a good, tough
              game. It will be fun to go back to the Tampa Bay area."

              "When you talk about tradition and history of college football it just
              doesn't get any better than Penn State and the University of Florida,"
              said Outback Bowl President/CEO Jim McVay. "It's our 25th anniversary
              game and we can't think of a better way to celebrate it on New Year's
              Day than with Coach Paterno's Nittany Lions and Coach Urban Meyer's
              Gators."

              Florida will be the fourth Bowl Championship Series winner from the
              2009 season that the Nittany Lions have played this year, having already
              played at Alabama, Iowa, and Ohio State.

              http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120510aab.html

            • Steve Brame
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2010
                To late for me to change the plans for Amelia. Looks like I'll be watching from a sports pub.

                Steve