SEC is mighty; ACC stinks

  • Trader Kevin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      As everyone knows, the ACC is a terrible conference, with the best of its two ranked teams checking in at #15. And the SEC is all-powerful, of course, with all that Southern Speed®.

      Imagine my surprise to look at actual game results and discover that the ACC holds a 6-4 lead in head-to-head match-ups...

      South Carolina 34, NC State 0
      Alabama 34, Clemson 10
      Florida 26, Miami 3
      Wake Forest 30, Ole Miss 28
      Georgia Tech 38, Miss. State 7
      Duke 10, Vanderbilt 7
      Florida 45, Florida State 15
      Georgia Tech 45, Georgia 42
      Wake Forest 23, Vanderbilt 10
      Clemson 31, South Carolina 14

      Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin
    • slevie
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        --- In We_Are_Penn_State@yahoogroups.com, Trader Kevin
        <cbot_kevin@...> wrote:

        > As everyone knows, the ACC is a terrible conference, with the best
        of its two ranked teams checking in at #15. And the SEC is all-
        powerful, of course, with all that Southern Speed®.

        > Imagine my surprise to look at actual game results and discover
        that the ACC holds a 6-4 lead in head-to-head match-ups...

        Falls in line with the Sagarin Rankings which tab the ACC as the
        strongest conference in CFA. Using his rankings, a combined super
        conference, say the SSSC (Super Southern Speed Conference) would
        stack up like this:

        Florida SEC 91.94
        Alabama SEC 90.27
        Boston College ACC 83.37
        Florida State ACC 82.69
        Georgia SEC 82.59
        Georgia Tech ACC 82.27
        Clemson ACC 81.62
        Mississippi SEC 81.24
        North Carolina ACC 80.99
        Virginia Tech ACC 80.09
        Wake Forest ACC 78.87
        Miami-Florida ACC 78.53
        South Carolina SEC 77.52
        LSU SEC 75.98
        Virginia ACC 74.99
        NC State ACC 74.94
        Maryland ACC 74.72
        Duke ACC 73.49
        Vanderbilt SEC 73.42
        Kentucky SEC 71.44
        Tennessee SEC 70.64
        Auburn SEC 69.29
        Arkansas SEC 69.09
        Mississippi State SEC 63.31

        You can see the SEC would hold down the bottom six spots in a
        combined league. This brings us to the other myth about the SEC.
        The SEC has the toughest road to the BCS because they are so good
        from top to bottom. They beat each other up during the course of the
        season.

        Be careful with the application of this corollary, if Iowa beats PSU,
        it shows just how weak the Big Ten conference is.

        Steve 1993