Maize & Blue: Déjà vu all over again?

  • Trader Kevin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2007
      In 1980 Michigan lost their first two non-con games, then
      won the last eight to capture the Big Ten title before
      beating Washington in the Rose Bowl.

      In 1988 Michigan lost their first two games, then closed
      out the season with an 8-0-1 run to win the Big Ten before
      beating Southern Cal in the Rose Bowl.

      In 1998 Michigan lost their first two games, then won nine
      of their next ten to win a share of the Big Ten
      Championship. They capped the season by defeating Arkansas
      in the Citrus Bowl.

      In 2007 Michigan lost their first two games...

      http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Michigan.htm#1998

      Penn State Proud, Trader Kevin

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
    • Rocko
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2007
        Who were the teams they lost to in 1980, 1988, and 1998? By what scores? Were they home games? How good was the competition?

        As you might say, Kevin, we don't have enough data to draw a comparison :-)

        Rocko

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2007

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2007
            Well, it's clear that those early losses were not as bad as this year's, in terms of the scores and level of competition.