Why young impressionable kids go to certain schools

  • eisensms@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 8:12 AM
      Excerpt from the Lansing State Journal article:
      ================================

      Sims, the No. 9 ranked small forward in the country according to Rivals.com, is considering MSU, as well as Michigan, North Carolina and several other top national programs.

      Isaiah Dahlman, a junior from Braham, Minn., also has taken notice of MSU's tournament success.

      "It's real important to me to go to school that's going to have a chance to win a national championship," said Dahlman, Rivals.com's No. 6-ranked shooting guard. "I knew Michigan State was a school like that and they're definitely showing that now.

      "It would be a lot of fun to be on the floor with those guys with the way they're playing."

      Brown and Ager along with seniors Kelvin Torbert and Alan Anderson give the Spartans the players to match the athleticism of any group in the country.

      "You know, we're just out there having fun and playing ball," Brown said. "Our (point guards) are pushing the ball right now, and the wings are getting out ahead and running.

      "Hopefully, it will continue."

      But it's not just the style of play that's illuminating MSU in the national spotlight, it's the consistency.

      This Final Four appearance makes four out the last seven, a claim that no other school can make.

      "We're talking about the teams that are still the elite few," Telep said. "There's Duke, Kansas, UCLA, Kentucky, Carolina then there's a UConn and maybe now a Michigan State that's working their way up.

      "When you talk about all of (Tom) Izzo's Final Fours and a national title, it's hard to leave them out of the conversation."

      And now with this most recent trip to St. Louis, every Spartan that Izzo's signed during his 10 seasons as head coach that has stayed for four years will have played in a Final Four.