Bachmann: Say "no" to our crushing debt

  • IMAGIFTS
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011

      Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:59 PM
      Subject: Say "no" to our crushing debt

      Dear Ingrid,

      This evening I was proud to cast my vote against raising the debt ceiling. I, along with 235 House Republicans voted no for the same reason- our nation is sitting on the brink of fiscal disaster and our government's inability to balance a budget and stop spending is to blame. We already are facing a $14.3 trillion debt and cannot afford to sit idly by as it continues to grow out of control.

      Our vote has not gone unnoticed. For the first time since gaining the majority in the House of Representatives, tomorrow President Obama is meeting with every House Republican. In advance of our meeting with Barack Obama, I want to collect an additional 100,000 petition signatures to send a loud and clear message that the American public is fed up with our national debt.

      Every elected official in Washington – especially Barack Obama – needs to hear your voice loud and clear. We must show them that Americans stand in opposition to more debt that will in turn be passed on to our children and grandchildren. That is why it is so important for you to add your name to this petition right now by following this link.

      Currently, 47% of our debt is owned by foreign investors. That is a frightening statistic. Almost half of our debt is owed overseas, and it needs to stop. We need to shift our nation's priorities and spending back to our homeland. We owe it to ourselves and future generations to bring jobs back to America and stop spending money we don't have.

      I know you share my frustrations with this Administration and agree our nation will never succeed if we continue to spend lawlessly. I voted no to raising the debt ceiling because, until significant budget cuts are in place, and we begin to reign in the spending, we will always be in debt.

      If Barack Obama has his way, our government will continue to expand and spend your hard-earned tax dollars. We cannot sit back and allow that to happen. In order to send a strong message to Obama that you are against raising the debt ceiling please add your name to my petition today.

      After signing the petition, I ask that you give as generously as you can to help me continue to fight out of control spending and debt. And with your help I will collect more signatures from conservatives around the country. Your donation of $25 will help me distribute this petition to 10,000 more activists. So I urge you to sign this petition right away and make a generous contribution.

      Please take action today!

      Finally, I ask that you share this petition on Facebook, and forward this email to your friends and family to spread the word. It is our charge to stop this unconstitutional government take-over of our lives!

      Sincerely,

      Michele Bachmann

      P.S. Before the House Republicans meet with President Obama, I want to collect an additional 100,000 petition signatures. Your support is needed in this urgent fight for our conservative values. Please sign the petition today! And please chip in $25 to help me gather even more petitions.

      Paid for by Bachmann for Congress
      P.O. Box 25950 | Woodbury, MN 55125

      This message was intended for: imagifts@...
      You were added to the system April 7, 2011. For more information
      click here.
      Update your preferences | Unsubscribe