DR: Ringing in 2011 With a Look Back at 2010

    ... From: The Daily Reckoning To: IMAGIFTS@yahoo.com Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 8:09 AM Subject: Ringing in 2011 With a Look Back at 2010 The Daily
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 8:09 AM
      Subject: Ringing in 2011 With a Look Back at 2010

      The Daliy Reckoning
      US Edition Home Contributors Media & Testimonials archives DR's 10th Anniversary DR's 10th Anniversary
      The Daily Reckoning Weekend Edition
      Saturday, January 1, 2011
      Mar del Plata, Argentina

      • Eight of the best from last year,
      • The best and worst bets in America,
      • And, a happy and healthy New Year to you!
      --- The Agora Financial Reserve...Now Open* ---

      Why I'll "Pay" You $8,409 to Cancel Your Subscription...

      I know that sounds funny - me "paying" you thousands of dollars to cancel...

      But that's exactly what I want to do today.

      Please look here to get to the bottom of this insane situation.

      * Offer Closes at Midnight on Tuesday, January 3. No exceptions.

      Joel Bowman, from Mar del Plata, Argentina...

      The Daily Reckoning offices are closed today in observance of rules stipulated in the Post-New Year's Eve Recovery and Rehydration Act.

      We'll return next weekend with our usual format. Until then, please enjoy eight of the best from the year just gone...

      THIS YEAR in The Daily Reckoning...

      The Final Frontier...for Your Portfolio
      By Patrick Cox
      Marco Island, Florida

      Forget about science fiction...cheaper private space access may actually be just around the corner. Earlier this month, PayPal founder Elon Musk's space exploration company, SpaceX, moved us closer to that goal. It did so by successfully launching a medium-lift rocket into low Earth orbit.

      No More Bones to Pick
      By Patrick Cox
      Marco Island, Florida

      As I have observed many times, stem cell therapies hold enormous promise for curing disease and repairing tissue. Stem cell science even has the potential to stop or reverse the aging process - at some point. The companies like BioTime Inc. that I have recommended to the subscribers of the Breakthrough Technology Alert are expanding their ability to grow the tissues of the human body from their stem cell lines.

      Son of Subprime
      By Addison Wiggin
      Baltimore, Maryland

      In 2007, the writing was on the wall. The famous "perfect storm" had gathered above the US housing market, its eye hovering over subprime loans. As you know, the storm came...and it rained, and rained, and rained... Ultimately, it washed away trillions of dollars in investor wealth.

      The Housing Non-Recovery
      By Whitney Tilson
      New York, New York

      Two years ago, we stood up here on this exact stage and delivered a very downbeat presentation on the US housing market. We return today to provide an update...and a new forecast.

      The Best Way to Bet on America
      By Chris Mayer
      Gaithersburg, Maryland

      There is lots of ugly economic news out there, but one key bright spot is world trade. In the US, one particular industry will enjoy windfall profits from exports this year. That industry is agriculture.

      The Great Grain Robbery
      By Chris Mayer
      Gaithersburg, Maryland

      In 1972, Russia's wheat crop failed. Russia had to dip into the global grain markets to meet demand. Before Washington knew the plight of its Cold War adversary, Russia bought up all of the surplus wheat in the US. Dubbed "The Great Grain Robbery," Russia's purchases sent grain prices soaring around the world.

      Goldman's Perfect Quarter
      By Eric Fry
      Laguna Beach, California

      While the European Central Bank (ECB) was busy manipulating markets and making headlines Monday, Goldman Sachs was quietly revealing a different story of market manipulation...or something that walks and quacks very much like a market manipulation duck.

      Outing Ben Bernanke
      By Eric Fry
      Laguna Beach, California

      Deception in the financial markets is not always costly, but it is rarely remunerative. Investors cannot afford to ignore this tendency. Recent disclosures from the Federal Reserve reveal that honesty was one of the earliest casualties of the 2008 financial crisis. These disclosures contain a number of juicy tidbits, like the fact that Goldman Sachs received tens of billions of dollars in direct and indirect succor from the Fed.

      --- Patrick Cox Announces His Predictions for 2011... ---

      Five Market "Wealth Quakes" Could Land You 10,720% Gains in the Next 13 Months

      New presentation reveals shocking 2011 predictions! These five "Wealth Quake" events could make you 10,720% richer in the next year...just for starters.

      But you must hurry! This epic presentation expires soon. For the biggest shot at huge wealth - watch this right now.

      The Weekly Endnote: We've got a couple more installments of our Best Of Series for 2010 this coming week, including one authored by you, and then it's back to business as usual. But for now, we're busy enjoying the first day of the New Year. We hope you are too.

      Joel Bowman
      Managing Editor
      The Daily Reckoning

      P.S. Don't forget that the discount offer to become a lifetime member of Agora Financial closes on Tuesday. If you made a New Year's resolution to get your finances in shape, Reserve membership could be your most important move. We added a few new services to the suite in 2010 and have a few more to roll out in 2011, so we can't keep the price this low for long. In fact, after Tuesday, the price will go up...forever. Membership details can be found here.

      Here at The Daily Reckoning, we value your questions and comments. If you would like to send us a few thoughts of your own, please address them to your managing editor at joel@...
      The Daily Reckoning - Special Reports:

      Gold: The Truth About Gold

      Fiat Currency: Using the Past to See into the Future

      Have You Heard of the OTHER Government Backed "Pension Program?"

      AGORA Financial Resources: The Daily Reckoning Is:

      Economics & Politics
      Crisis & Opportunity
      Gold, Oil & Energy
      Growth, Tech & Medical
      Options Investing

      Founder: Bill Bonner
      Editorial Dir: Addison Wiggin
      Publisher: Eric Fry
      Managing Ed.: Joel Bowman
      Web Ed.: Greg Kadajski
      About The Daily Reckoning: Now in its 10th anniversary year, The Daily Reckoning is the flagship e-letter of Baltimore-based financial research firm and publishing group Agora Financial, a subsidiary of Agora Inc. The Daily Reckoning provides over half a million subscribers with literary economic perspective, global market analysis, and contrarian investment ideas. Published daily in six countries and three languages, each issue delivers a feature-length article by a senior member of our team and a guest essay from one of many leading thinkers and nationally acclaimed columnists.

      For additional articles and commentary follow The Daily Reckoning on Twitter and Facebook.

      Agora Financial

      To end your Daily Reckoning e-mail subscription and associated external offers sent from Daily Reckoning, cancel your free subscription .

      If you are you having trouble receiving your Daily Reckoning subscription, you can ensure its arrival in your mailbox by whitelisting the Daily Reckoning.

      © 2010 Agora Financial, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Protected by copyright laws of the United States and international treaties. This newsletter may only be used pursuant to the subscription agreement and any reproduction, copying, or redistribution (electronic or otherwise, including on the World Wide Web), in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Agora Financial, LLC. 808 Saint Paul Street, Baltimore MD 21202. Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized investment advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized investment advice.We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of a printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended in this letter should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.