Twelve Isn't Enough

  • Media Matters for America
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2013
      Media Matters for AmericaFacebook Twitter
      Friend --

      Twelve. That’s the combined number of segments that ABC, CBS and NBC’s nightly news programs devoted to climate change throughout the entire year of 2012. This is woefully inadequate. We need coverage that’s consistent with the importance of dealing with this issue.

      Click here to urge ABC, NBC and CBS' nightly news programs to do a better job of covering climate change.

      Since 2012 was the hottest year on record and we experienced a series of damaging extreme weather events, you’d think that the media would have given climate change more attention. The simple reality is that dealing with climate change is going to take big action. But, that can’t happen unless the American people understand how climate change fuels extreme weather. It’s up to the media to inform people.

      That’s why we and the Sierra Club are joining the League of Conservation Voters in asking the three nightly news programs to do a better job of covering climate issues in 2013 than they did in 2012. We almost have 100,000 signatures already and with your participation, we can get over the 100,000 mark. You can help out by signing the letter to the executive producers of ABC World News, CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News asking them to give us more frequent, accurate coverage of climate change this year.

      Sign here: http://action.mediamatters.org/tell_news_to_cover_climate_change

      Shauna Theel,
      Senior Researcher of Energy and Environment at Media Matters

      Emilee Pierce,
      Climate and Energy Program Director, Media Matters

      P.S. We're almost at 100,000 twitter followers: Follow us today!
      Media Matters for AmericaDonateFacebook   Twitter
      This email was sent to westandunited@yahoogroups.com.
      Manage your subscriptions  |   Unsubscribe from all emails.   |   Created with NationBuilder.