Support Our Truth-Telling Work

  • Matt Butler, Media Matters for America
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      Media Matters for AmericaFacebook Twitter

      Friend --

      2012 was a big year for Media Matters’ mission.

      Day in and day out, we combated the conservative echo-chamber’s lies that infect our media and poison our debate and we shined light on issues that the media failed to address.  In a year when voters rely on the media to inform themselves, our truth-telling mission was especially important and your support helped make it all possible.

      Today, we’re launching our annual fundraiser so that we can continue our vital truth-telling work.

      We're aiming to raise $50,000 in support of our truth-telling mission by the end of the year.  Will you contribute now to help us reach our goal?

      Only a few years ago we were criticized for daring to state the obvious: that Fox News was a political operation masquerading as a news network. But we pressed on, and a lot has changed since then. Conventional wisdom has evolved and Fox News is now recognized for the deceitful political operation that it is.  David Frum, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, summed it up best when he said: "Republicans have been fleeced, exploited and lied to by a conservative entertainment complex."

      As conventional wisdom changes, so too will the media landscape. On the horizon, we expect significant transformations in the media. In short, we’ll see consolidation at the top and fragmentation at the bottom. This means a greater risk of misinformation and more opportunities for extremism to ferment.

      Will you contribute now to help us reach our $50,000 goal by the end of the year? http://action.mediamatters.org/donate_2012

      Sincerely,

      Matt Butler
      @matthewsbutler
      President and CEO

Media Matters for America
      Media Matters for AmericaDonateFacebook   Twitter
      This email was sent to westandunited@yahoogroups.com.
      Manage your subscriptions  |   Unsubscribe from all emails.   |   Created with NationBuilder.