Fwd: March Roundtable, Hillsdale Happy Hour, and Your Dream Job!

  • Bruce Majors
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010

      Are We any Safer?  Examining the Current State of Security — Wednesday, March 31 at 6:30pm

      After Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's December 2009 attempt to detonate plastic explosives on Northwest Airlines Flight 253, a contentious debate has reignited as to what, if anything, governments and homeland security officials should do to try to further protect us from terrorist attacks, including the use of very controversial full-body X-ray technology to scan passengers more thoroughly.

      Since September 11th, what we know about homeland security has change significantly. How do these new measures apply to travelers? Are we safer now than we were in 2001?  What is the most cost-effective means of ensuring safety and security without violating our civil liberties?  Our panel will include Gary Leff, from the Institute for Humane Studies and President of FlyerTalk, Jena McNeill, homeland security analyst from the Heritage Foundation, Jeffrey Gordon of the Center for Security Policy, and Jim Harper of the Cato Institute.  Chad Swarthout, of George Washington University, will moderate.

      AFF's March roundtable will take place on Wednesday, March 31st.  It will take place at The Fund for American Studies (1706 New Hampshire Ave. NW) with drinks at 6:30 discussion at 7pm. AFF Roundtables are free for members, and $5 for non-members, so join today!  Please email Sarah Friederich at Sarah@... with any questions.

      Hillsdale Happy Hour — Thursday, April 8 at 6:30pm

      You Don't Have to Live Like a Refugee

      Hillsdale College will host a happy hour in The Boulevard Woodgrill's Fillmore Room on April 8th from 6:30 to 8:30.  Relax... Mingle... Enjoy... Loosen the tie... Enjoy free gourmet hors d'oeuvres... Drink... and... Listen to Dr. Gary Wolfram, Professor of Economics at Hillsdale College, address the question: Is Capitalism Good for the Poor?

      Learn more about this Hillsdale happy hour by visiting the event page on Facebook.

      Your Dream Job — Legislative Assistant - American Legislative Exchange Council

      The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), the nation's largest nonpartisan, individual membership association of state legislators, is seeking to hire a Legislative Assistant for both the Health and Human Services and the Education Task Forces. Duties include issue and bill tracking; conducting research requests for legislators and private-sector members; coordinating logistics for ALEC events; representing ALEC at coalition meetings; maintaining contact lists; and a variety of other tasks. Qualified candidates will have excellent writing, communication, administrative, and organizational skills. Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to ALEC’s mission of promoting the Jeffersonian principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and federalism. Previous policy experience is helpful, but not necessary.

      To learn more, please click here.

      Got something else in mind? Visit our Career Center for more opportunities.

      Cheers,

      Eric Heidenreich
      Director of Website

      http://www.americasfuture.org/
      eric@...

      P.S. Forward this message to your friends to help AFF grow. They can sign up for Room 101 themselves by visiting
      http://americasfuture.org/subscriptions/

      Email Marketing by
      iContact - Try It Free!

      Manage your subscription

      --
      This group is created for discussing national issues to stop the current administration from transforming this country into something not intended by the founders. Any discussions that are not relevant to that topic will be deleted.

      Groups "Tea Party Patriots" group.
      tea-party-patriots+unsubscribe@...
      For more options, visit this group at
      http://groups.google.com/group/tea-party-patriots?hl=en?hl=en

      For more information on Tea Party Patriots, please visit http://www.teapartypatriots.org.

      To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tea-party-patriots+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.