RE: [columbia_heights] Graham/Council again assists Organic Market for Col Hts

  • whj@melanet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2009
      This is great news. How does this bill differ from those introduced and past previously on Emergency including the one this time last year by CM Evans.
      "SUPERMARKET TAX INCENTIVES CLARIFICATION EMERGENCY ACT OF 2008"http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc.us/images/00001/20080122121120.pdf

      And then introduced passed and signed by the Mayor in January 2009
      "NEIGHBORHOOD SUPERMARKET TAX RELIEF CLARIFICATION EMERGENCY ACT OF 2008".

      My guess is that legislation keeps expiring, why not a permanent law?  If another Bill needs to be introduced can it include incentives around local hiring and maybe a partnership with local High Schools. I noticed unemployment in August '09 for Ward 1 was 9.7% up from 6.3% in August '08.

      William