How American Health Care Killed My Father CAPITOL HILL BRIEFING Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:00 PM (Lunch Included) Featuring David Goldhill, Author of "How American Health Care Killed My Father," The Atlantic, September 2009; and Michael F. Can

  • Bruce Majors
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009

      Thursday, October 1, 2009
      12:00 PM (Lunch Included)

      Featuring David Goldhill, Author of "How American Health Care Killed My Father," The Atlantic, September 2009; and Michael F. Cannon, Director of Health Policy Studies, Cato Institute, and co-author of Healthy Competition: What's Holding Back Health Care and How to Free It.

      B-340 Rayburn House Office Building

      Add event to your Google CalendarAdd event to your Microsoft Outlook CalendarAdd event to your Yahoo Calendar

      David Goldhill is a Democrat and a business executive who paid little attention to the economics of health care before his father's life was cut short by a hospital-acquired infection. That loss drove him to uncover the truth about American health care, which he reveals in an article that has been acclaimed as a "stemwinder" and "a fascinating read." Goldhill explains why "it looks like this generation of 'comprehensive' reform will not address the underlying issues, any more than previous efforts did. Instead it will put yet more patches on the walls of an edifice that is fundamentally unsound—and then build that edifice higher."

       Printer Friendly Version