ANC 1A Public Meeting: - Wednesday, July 8th

  • William Jordan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009

      ANC1A Public Meeting
      Wednesday, July 8th
      7PM
      Harriet Tubman Elementary School
      3101 13th Street, NW

      Preliminary Agenda

      ANC Administration
      Call to Order
      Roll Call
      Approval of Agenda
      Approval of the Prior Minutes
      Treasury’s Report

      Community Comments

      Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.  1 minute of time for each speaker is allotted, unless otherwise noted by the Chairperson.

      Presentations (New Business)
      Presentations are limited to 3 minutes, unless a motion to extend time is granted by the commission. Presentations are followed by 1 minute question/answer segments from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed.

      Neighborhood Watch – Samantha Nolan
      3510-3512 Georgia Avenue Development – David Treadwell
      Centro Vida Bilingual School – Sandra Scottland
      DDOT Performance Parking in Columbia Heights – Damon Harvey
      U.S. Census – Lisa Kralovic
      Single Sales Ban Proposal – Betty Pair
      AWC/NCRC Properties Public Benefits Compliance Audit  – William Jordan

      Official Business
      Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.

      Grant Request – Northwest Columbia Heights Civic Association – Cecilia Jones (Lisa Kralovic)
      Grant Request – Limelight Gym (Sam Johnson)
      Grant Request – Columbia Heights Day (Sam Johnson)
      Grant Request – In Da Streets (William Jordan)
      Protest Letter – New Bar on 11th St. – Candice Fitch (Sam Johnson)
      Protest Letter – Accario (Sam Johnson)
      Resolution – Withdraw from Office Lease (Betty Pair)
      Resolution – Find New Office Space (Betty Pair)
      Resolution – Transfer Checking Account (Betty Pair)

      Committee Reports - Committee reports are done as needed.

      Adjournment - Goodnight!
    • Janisha Richardson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
        Commissioner Jordan and Commissioner Vice Chair Pair,

        Thank you for posting the proposed agenda for the ANC 1A meeting on July 8th.

        I see a ban proposal on Single Sales on the agenda.  Was a community meeting held to address this ban?  I know at the meeting in June it was proposed that a community meeting be held to get community input on the ban.  Please let me know if I missed the meeting.

        Thank you,

        Janisha Richardson

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009

          It is my understanding that ban will be introduced and sent to committee for public meetings on this and other ABRA issues.  ABRA committee co-chairs are listed below.  I'm  sure they will announce any meetings. To my knowledge the ABRA committee as not officially met or announced any meetings.

          ABRA
          Chair: Anna  Ninitochka <ninitochka@...>
          Co-Chair: Teri  Rucker <terirucker@...>

          Alcoholic Beverage Review Administration Committee (ABRA) -  ABRA Committee is responsible for the following:

          - Track ANC 1A requests for information/reports and follow-up with ABRA as necessary.
          - Research and report findings and provide recommendations to ANC 1A.
          - Draft (recommended) resolutions for ANC 1A’s consideration.
          - Coordinate community participation at ABC hearings by explicit request of the commission.
          - Maintain an (excel) spreadsheet of all ANC 1A ABC license holders, ANC ABRA notifications, and appropriate deadlines.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
            Thanks William!