FW: Alert DC - Severe Weather Warning

  • AlertDC
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 6, 2008
      From: Alert DC[SMTP:ALERT3368@...]
      Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:13:08 PM
      To: All users
      Subject: Alert DC - Severe Weather Warning
      Auto forwarded by a Rule

      NWS issued a Flood WARNING for the District from 9/06/08 6:09pm to 9/06/08 9:00pm . Please take proper precautions .

      Sent by DC HSEMA to e-mail

      Powered by the Roam Secure Alert Network

      -----------------------------------

      - You received this alert because you are subscribed to Alert DC. To update your account & preferences, go to alert.ema.dc.gov/reregister.php

      - To authenticate this alert go to https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/myalertlog.php?s_alert_id=3368

      - Tell a friend about Alert DC! Have them go to alert.ema.dc.gov -or- send an SMS to 32362 from any cell phone.
    • AlertDC
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 18, 2009
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 18, 2009
          "Please add protective actions here." That's classic, sort of a fill in-the-blank short answer quiz.

          What I really want to know is why the AlertDC e-mails are spamming this listserv. AlertDC is an *opt-in* service and posting on listservs undermines the intent and design of AlertDC. Everyone should sign up to receive these alerts individually.

          Kris

          > NWS issued a dense fog advisory WARNING for the District from 6:30am 03/18/09 to 10;00am 03/18/09 . Please add_protective_actions_here .
          >
          > Sent by DC HSEMA to e-mail, pagers, cell phones....powered by Cooper Notification RSAN
          >
          > ---
        • Joseph Keyerleber
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 18, 2009
            Re: [WardOneDC] Re: FW: Alert DC - Severe Weather Warning I agree with Kris.  Anyone who wants the advisories can sign up to receive them.  I did so from the beginning, but now I receive the same message twice, first from the DC government, and then from the Ward One ListServ.  I think the ListServ should drop the duplicated alerts.  They are unnecessary and clog up the email inbox.

            On 3/18/09 12:37 PM, "kristofor1787" <kristofor1787@...> wrote:

            "Please add protective actions here."  That's classic, sort of a fill in-the-blank short answer quiz.

            What I really want to know is why the AlertDC e-mails are spamming this listserv.  AlertDC is an *opt-in* service and posting on listservs undermines the intent and design of AlertDC.  Everyone should sign up to receive these alerts individually.

            Kris

            > NWS issued a dense fog advisory WARNING for the District from 6:30am 03/18/09 to 10;00am 03/18/09 . Please add_protective_actions_here .
            >
            > Sent by DC HSEMA to e-mail, pagers, cell phones....powered by Cooper Notification RSAN
            >
            > ---

          • AlertDC
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 26, 2009
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 26, 2009
                Yard Sale Event on Ingleside Terrace Block, Saturday, 6/27, 9-12 Noon Yard Sale Event along the entire block of Ingleside Terrace, NW.  Will include an antique dealer's inventory, furniture, linens, china, glass, books, toys, clothes, electronics, appliances, plate glass mirror, videocassettes, luggage and other items--recent and vintage--that have been rescued from closets and basements.  Lots of genuine bargains.  Starts at 9:00 am and will last until approximately noon.