- Contact: Shenneth Dove-Morse/Tracy Press Powerful Beyond Measure 202-248-9201 email@example.com FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 6th, 2007 PBMMessage 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2007View Source
Contact: Shenneth Dove-Morse/Tracy Press
Powerful Beyond Measure
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 6th, 2007
PBM CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAYS WITH ITS NOTED ANNUAL SILENT AUCTION & HOLIDAY MIXER
Washington, DC - Powerful Beyond Measure (PBM) will close out a great year with its 2nd Annual Holiday Mixer & Silent Auction on Sunday, December 9, 2007 at La Tasca Restaurant in the Chinatown area of Washington , DC . This event is open to an audience of the organization’s supporters, mentors, Board, partners and friends. During the auction, people will be able to bid on over 20 unique packages and items that make excellent holiday gifts and personal treats. Attendees will enjoy wine & sangria, networking, bountiful gift bags, and other extras throughout the event. Throughout the night, guests can participate in multiple raffle and win items to include gift cards, art work and movie memorabilia.
Invited guests are welcome to make tax-deductible contributions that would go toward funding the programming that
PBM offers to lower-income and at-risk youth in the Washington DC area.The PBM Silent Auction and Holiday Mixer
was developed a way for supporters of PBM to celebrate the holiday season and to be thanked for their commitment to
the growth of the burgeoning non-profit organization.
“We have experienced a lot of growth in the past year, and the Holiday event is a more public way of celebrating this
among our supporters. This season is about giving and the Silent Auction gives guests the chance to give and receive.
They can donate by purchasing auction items, giving at the door and in other ways throughout the evening; and they
can pick up wonderful presents for loved ones for the holidays or walk away with special gifts for themselves at low
bidding costs ” says PR & Marketing Manager, Shenneth Dove-Morse.
Thanks to various generous sponsors, there will be a wide array of items to be offered. Some of the auction items will include:
· Washington Wizards Autographed Basketball a player with a certificate of authenticity
· Lexmark All-in-One Color Printer X1270 (copy, scan, print) & Autographed Book by Dr. Alan Greenspan
· Week of Personal Chef Service for 2 or Catered Affair for 6
· Various BET Fan Packages
· XM Radio Inno (portable radio) with 1 year XM service subscription
· Urban Music Industry Professional Package:
· Autographed Authentic NFL Football (Special edition for the NFL Experience from Super Bowl XXXVIII)
· 2 Hour Cooking Class
· Family Pack for Nickelodeon’s “Go Diego Go” Live Show
· NHL Washington Capitals Super Package
· Decorative Mexican Plate and other Mexican Art Pieces
· Tickets to The Nutcracker and Dinner for 2
· Top 2 Bottom Housecleaning Package
· Various Movie Memorabilia Packages
Sponsors and supporters for the auction include Alan Greenspan, Allied Advertising & Public Relations, Ann Calhoun, BET, Catering by Kevin, Essence Magazine, Hip Hop Matters, La Tasca, NFL, Nickelodeon, Nicole Hawkins Communications, Quest Skinner, Rhondez-Vous Catering, Top 2 Bottom, Warner Theater, Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, and XM Radio.
For media inquiries, contact Shenneth Dove Morse at 215-681-3867 or powerfulbeyondmeasure1@.... For more information about PBM, please contact Tracy Press to make a tax-deductible donation at 202-248-9201 or tracypress@.... To donate on-line, please visitwww.powerbeyondmeasure.org.
Powerful Beyond Measure (PBM) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that focuses on youth development and aiding lower-income families, by integrating the entertainment, arts, sports and media industries. Our mission is to utilize these influential fields to effectively reach urban communities via creative programming and focused services that will shape young people and empower adults to become active leaders. This strategy was developed upon the realization that these industries were powerful by way of their appeal to our target population. By finding a way to positively harness that power to make programs more appealing, we can continue to implement the important values and beneficial offerings of more conventional non-profits.
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.