Join the Georgia Ave/Pleasant Plains Heritage Trail Working Group

  • Sylvia Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      Work on the Georgia Ave/Pleasant Plains Heritage Trail is underway!

      Please join our working group which meets the third Saturday of each month from 12-2pm at the

      Emergence Community Arts Collective
      733 Euclid St. NW
      Washington, DC 20001
      (Across from Banneker HS, Half block from Howard University)
      We need your help to find stories, conduct research, share your insights, interview residents or be interviewed

      The next meeting is Saturday November 17th at 12:00

      For information contact Sylvia Robinson at (202) 462-2285 or
      sylvia@...
      Visit www.ecacollective.org for more info on the ECAC
      About the Heritage Trail:

      Working with Cultural Tourism DC, the ECAC has initiated the process of establishing a Heritage Trail encompassing Georgia Ave between the Shaw/Howard and Petworth Metro stations documenting the history of this neighborhood.  Between October 2007 and April 2008 a community working group will select points on the trail based on research and interviews with elders in the community.

      The Washington, DC Neighborhood Heritage Trails showcase Washington's diverse neighborhoods for residents and visitors alike. A self-guided walking trail is marked with poster-sized signs with words and pictures that tell a neighborhood's stories. A trail typically takes 90 minutes to walk, and begins and ends at a Metro station.

      Washington, DC Neighborhood Heritage Trails are developed by neighborhood working groups and the nonprofit Cultural Tourism DC with funding by the District Department of Transportation, the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development, and the U.S. Federal Highway Administration.  Funding has also been provided by the Neighborhood Investment Fund, Councilmember Jim Graham, Councilmember Kwame Brown, and Councilmember Carol Schwartz