  • William Jordan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/index.php/2007/03/28/
      fenty-community-relations-chief-resigns/#comment-3743

      anon Says:
      Mar. 28, 2007, at 7:20 pm
      This is worrisome.

      W4Politics Says:
      Mar. 29, 2007, at 12:52 am
      This is insane! Quiet as kept, Drucker was part of Fenty’s driving
      force to deliver responsive constituent services to Ward 4 residents
      when Drucker was the Ward 4 Services coordinator under Mayor Williams
      during Fenty’s first term. Drucker was so good at his job that Mayor
      Williams promoted him to Clean City Coordinator, and Fenty thought so
      much of him that he made him Director of his newly created office of
      Community Relations and Services. This new office was a hybrid of
      Williams’ Community Outreach and Neighborhood Services offices (a bad
      idea). If things have deteriorated to the point that Fenty accepted
      the resignation of someone as valued as Drucker no one is safe, and
      there’s something rotten in Denmark.

      Kylie Says:
      Mar. 29, 2007, at 6:55 am
      Merrit is the pinnacle of service at D.C. Goverment. Those who know
      him black and white support his good work. I am a big support of
      Adrian but this does not speak well if someone like Merrit cannot find
      the support to do his job. He is all about the job. And some sleazy
      like Jim Graham can affect someone job. Merrit is also credited for
      those who know for being the ear in the administation and the hands
      that did the work that gave Adrian that custituent service king title.
      Merrit will be missed.

      Chris Says:
      Mar. 29, 2007, at 11:26 am
      If anyone could get something done it was Merrit Drucker - more has
      been accomplished and as a resident his results are noticed. The
      Office of Neighborhood Services and the Core Team held agencies
      accountable.

      Mr Drucker’s decision of have the NSC’s in the field was correct. How
      else could they see what needed corrected or followup on work not
      done.

      If only Mr Graham would work as hard - instead of dreaming up
      more “SMOKE SCREENS” this city could be a “MODEL CITY” not the
      laughing stock of the world!

      Mr Grey, time to reconsider who chairs what! We must begin to make
      things work again with decency, democracy and fairness.

      Janice Says:
      Mar. 29, 2007, at 7:59 pm
      Merrit was the best! How can Mayor Fenty sleep at night, knowing
      Merrit is no longer with DC Gov’t. He was the best NSC and Clean City
      Coor. ever hired. Merrit u will be missed.

      anon Says:
      Mar. 29, 2007, at 9:16 pm
      Only the first of those who push too hard and too fast to fall.
      Principled or brave people on the front lines run that risk. The admin
      needs to protect its own or lose its reformer cred.

      NoMoreGraham Says:
      Mar. 29, 2007, at 10:47 pm
      When will Ward One residents realize that Jim Graham talks out of both
      sides of his mouth? One day he’s all over the City for not enforcing
      and the next day he tells them to back off. He is the most self-
      serving politician the City has seen and residents of Ward One should
      wake up.

      Its one thing if Graham’s staff leave in droves, but when he starts
      driving out hard working and dedicated employees witha reputation for
      getting things done, than the one that needs to go is Graham.

      Wake up Ward One: The only resident Jim Graham cares about is Jim
      Graham.

      JC Says:
      Mar. 30, 2007, at 8:50 am
      I am a big Mayor Fenty supporter every since his days as Council
      Committee member…he always asked the hard and pertinent questions and
      read through the BS…however I am questioning allowing a true hard
      working and dedicated individual I know Merritt Drucker to be. Mr.
      Drucker probably does not remeber me, our paths crossed during a
      management program we both attended. I was so impressed by his
      passion, zeal and dedication to his profession. I usually don’t
      respond to polictal going ons but this matter has me baffled….Mr.
      Drucker is the type of energtic and resourceful individual that I felt
      was an excellent choice for the job….Jim Graham…I don’t know when the
      folks in Ward One is going to say enough is enough…

      JC Says:
      Mar. 30, 2007, at 8:52 am
      Oh by the way I am a life-long DC resident

      B. Brown Says:
      Mar. 30, 2007, at 11:50 am
      As a Ward Eight resident and also working in Ward Eight I am appalled
      at this action. As a property manager who has been working with the
      Ward Eight Core Team for the past three years with a large group of
      property managers and owners within Ward Eight whose focus has been to
      do development and training to provide a better quality of life for
      their apartment community. This group has partnered with the Ward
      Eight Core Team and the US Attorney’s Office to make changes through
      partnerships within Ward Eight Core Team that is housed within the
      ward. Mr. Drucker provided great support for us in our continued
      efforts to maintain a better quality of life for our residents.