Re: [WardOneDC] Street sweeper hiatus starts Monday

  • Scott Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      Can we get a listing of all "Major Arterials" posted to the group so
      that we don't get tickets due to lack of information? And have the
      parking enforcement personnel been informed of the street sweeper hiatus?

      Thanks,
      Scott

      Myers, Mary (DPW) wrote:

      > October 6, 2006
      >
      > Contact: Mary Myers, DPW
      >

      > (202) 671-2375
      >

      > * REMINDER:*
      >

      > *Daytime Residential Street Sweeping Hiatus Starts Monday, December 4,
      > 2006 *
      >
      > /Street Cleaning Along Major Arterials_ Continues_ All Winter./
      >

      > (Washington, DC) DPW's annual street sweeping hiatus begins Monday,
      > Dec. 4, 2006 and runs until Monday, April 2, 2007. During this time,
      > DPW will temporarily suspend weekly (signed) residential street
      > cleaning. During this time, "No Parking/Street Cleaning" restrictions
      > will also be lifted. Residents and visitors who park along posted,
      > alternate-side, daytime street sweeping routes will not be required to
      > move their cars on street-cleaning days during the sweeper hiatus.
      >
      > The sweeper hiatus affects posted residential streets only. Overnight
      > sweeping scheduled for the District's major arterials (such as
      > Pennsylvania, Georgia, Constitution, Independence Avenues and others)
      > will take place as usual all winter, with the attendant parking ban
      > during sweeping hours. Motorists are urged not to park in these areas
      > during posted overnight hours.
      >
      > Additionally, property owners are reminded that they are responsible
      > for sweeping and removing litter, leaves and debris from sidewalks and
      > tree boxes adjacent to their property, as well as the street area up
      > to 18 inches from the curb.
      >

      > ###
      >

      > Mary L. Myers
      >
      > Communications Officer
      >
      > DC Department of Public Works
      >
      > 2000 14th Street, NW
      >
      > WDC 20009
      >
      > (202) 671-2375 - Desk
      >
      > (202) 345-2930 - Nextel

    • Jack
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
        The DDOT "Functional Classification" map does not include a category
        of "major arterial", but presumably this DPW posting means "principal
        arterials". In Ward One, that means only 16th Street and Georgia
        Avenue.

        Here's a link to the DDOT map:
        http://ddot.dc.gov/ddot/frames.asp?
        doc=/ddot/lib/ddot/information/maps/FClass_E_P.pdf&open=|32399|

        -- Jack