Re: quote GONE wrong

  • echriswells
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Then as citizens we must CORRECT THEIR HINDSIGHT, through the STEWARDS
      we elected, a tree is not worth a human life!

      Take a look at the Photo Album 'TREE PLANTING GONE WRONG' and explain
      your views!

      It is much more cost friendly to correct than to cause future problems!

      Anyone is welcome to include pictures of similar incidents in their area.

      --- In WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com, small axe <smallaxe36@...> wrote:

      > The guidelines seemingly quoted are for where UFA (Urban Forestry)
      will not PLANT trees - they do not say anything about needing to
      remove trees if they do not meet this criteria. Further the cited
      guidelines specifically say to plant trees closer together than 35-40
      feet in a specific situation.

      > Trees protect people.Try living in the desert.
      >
      > Planting Specifications
      > Spacing between trees is 35 - 40 feet where no overhead wires are
      present; 20 - 25 feet where wires are present. UFA uses the larger
      distance measurement whenever possible.
      > For safety reasons, and to reduce utility conflicts, UFA will not
      plant trees within:

      > 40 feet of an intersection, stop sign, or other traffic control
      device.
      > 25 feet of a non-controlled intersection.
      > 10 feet of a driveway or alley.
      > 15 feet of a light pole.
      > 10 feet of a fire hydrant.
      > In addition to the above safety/utility constraints, UFA will not
      plant trees directly in front of a walkway lead, or directly in front
      the steps to a dwelling where existing public or private tree cover
      will interfere with a tree's growth in front of wooded areas.

      > echriswells <echriswells@...> wrote:
      I read with interest about how a Dupont Circle
      "activist" and recently