Chad Williams

  • Clyde E. Howard, Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
      All that has been said about Mr. Williams I say, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone".

      Clyde Howard

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • David Sachdev
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2006
        Does Chad Williams have any response to these allegations?  They are serious, and not just something that should be forgotten over time.  Chad, you were very vocal on this list for a while.  Step up and address the charges.

        On 8/24/06, Tac Tacelosky/Smokefree DC <tac@...> wrote:

        Not much of a political activist, this Charles Wilmont.  Not even registered to vote.  And pretty private, too, not listed in the White Pages either...

        Tac

        (Messages to this list seemed to be delayed more than usual.)

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2006
          Funny, we haven't heard much from "Charles Wilmont" either.

          <charleswilmont@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20%5BWardOneDC%5D%20Chad%20Williams%20Exposed>
          > > > charleswilmont <http://profiles.yahoo.com/charleswilmont>
          > > >
          > > > Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:29 am (PST)
          > > > Ok now its official people on Holmead Place steal Mr.
          > > > Williams wireless. he doesnt have it locked. everybody
          > > > knows its Chad Developers. 0f course we talk he is my
          > > > neighbor and hes friendly. His house is an open door
          > > > to his neighbors. Check where this one comes from let
          > > > me help u Im at BusBoys and Poets.
        • wilkinmk4
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2006
            Funny, we haven't heard much from "Charles Wilmont" either.

            --- In WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com, "David Sachdev" <david@...> wrote:

            > Does Chad Williams have any response to these allegations? They are
            > serious, and not just something that should be forgotten over time.
            Chad,
            > you were very vocal on this list for a while. Step up and address the
            > charges.
            >
            > On 8/24/06, Tac Tacelosky/Smokefree DC <tac@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Not much of a political activist, this Charles Wilmont. Not even
            > > registered to vote. And pretty private, too, not listed in the
            White Pages
            > > either...
            > >
            > > Tac
            > >
            > > (Messages to this list seemed to be delayed more than usual.)
            > >
            > > ------------------------------

          • Dominic Sale
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2006
              Chad's wireless router must be down.  I guess the whole block is without internet service.  :)

              Funny, we haven't heard much from "Charles Wilmont" either.

              --- In WardOneDC@yahoogrou ps.com, "David Sachdev" <david@...> wrote:

              > Does Chad Williams have any response to these allegations? They are
              > serious, and not just something that should be forgotten over time.
              Chad,
              > you were very vocal on this list for a while. Step up and address the
              > charges.
              >
              > On 8/24/06, Tac Tacelosky/Smokefree DC <tac@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Not much of a political activist, this Charles Wilmont. Not even
              > > registered to vote. And pretty private, too, not listed in the
              White Pages
              > > either...
              > >
              > > Tac
              > >
              > > (Messages to this list seemed to be delayed more than usual.)
              > >
              > > ------------ --------- ---------

            • William Jordan
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006

                I applaud Mr. Williams for taking the personal risk and making the investments necessary to run for the Ward 1 seat.   Many of us know that we need a change in leadership. There is no doubt that we need leadership willing to invest the appropriate political capital in the eastern 1/2 of the Ward as well bring a different approach to ensuring our safety.  Whatever, mistakes Mr. Williams may have made he at least has been willing to face the voters and in particular in this very difficult list-serv environment when the incumbent has done all he can to avoid addressing dealing directly the challenges of opportunities that the Ward will face over the next 4 years outside of offering the same ho hum platitudes.

                Collectively, we make a grave mistake in this Ward by discouraging political competition and dialogue.  Ultimately the Ward looses as we allow our politics to become more incestuous.  I don’t know if Mr. Williams has imaginary supporters or imagined political sabotage against is campaign.  But I do know

                -    That the redevelopment crisis on Georgia Ave is not imaginary
                -    That crime levels in the Ward have us in a declared crime emergency, is not imaginary
                -    That this is no comprehensive strategy to address crime in the Ward, just platitudes such as camera, press conferences and special police zones, is not imaginary
                -    That we lack any kind of comprehensive housing strategy, is not imaginary
                -    That there is no really leadership in managing the traffic and parking issues across the Ward is not imaginary
                -    There is no real leadership for how to really integrate mixed-use development into our neighborhoods, is not imaginary
                -    That the LaCasa shelter has no temporary home yet is not imaginary
                -    That Park Morton is not at the top of the new communities development  list, is not imaginary
                -    That the Central Union Mission is coming to Georgia Ave and we have not really plan for the move, is not imaginary
                -    That desirable projects are being lost on Georgia Ave is not imaginary
                -    That the Senior Center construction is close to a year behind schedule is not imaginary.
                -    That finger in the wind leadership is leaving us short on critical neighbor issues is not imaginary
                -    That Ward 1 as become politically stagnant and petty is not imaginary

                William

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/