Re: [WardOneDC] Re: Opponent Cries Foul Over Graham Signs

  • Skinner Must Go
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2006
      Did anyone else catch the DC Politics Hour on WAMU today? If not the
      show is available on their website.
      http://www.wamu.org/programs/kn/06/06/30.php#11397

      Anyway, James Jones, The City Paper's Loose Lips, was one of
      panelists. Kojo started talking about the Ward races. When they got
      to the Ward One race, James Jones started talking about the sign issue
      and then mentioned the other allegations by Williams. He said that he
      spoke to Williams and Williams told him something like he knows all
      the people in his neighborhood that steal and vandalize so he knows
      the recent occurrence are related to the election. Jones also said
      that Williams wasn't much of a challenger.

      Also in case you haven't seen yet, there have been several stunning
      developments on my website this week including a statement from Joe
      Englert, the owner of Temperance Hall. Please take a look at
      http://www.DumpSkinner.com

      --Taylor

    • Janisha Richardson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3 8:40 AM
        Taylor,

        If you are going to summarize what was said on a talk show I wish you would summarize it correctly.   Jim Jones did not say that Williams wasn't much of a challenger, he said "the only serious challenger is Chad Williams".

        Chad grew up in Ward 1 so I'm sure he knows some people as we all do that don't always follow the law.  He grew up on Spring Road a block from where he currently resides.  Fortunely, Chad took a different path then some of the people that he grew up with.  He joined the Marines fought in Desert Storm, graduated from UDC with his Masters in Public Administration and received is Ph.D. from American University.

        What needs to happen now is a debate!

        --Janisha

        On 6/29/06, kiltumper89 <kiltumper89@ yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
        > actions and the statement they're making? "
        >
        > Nope, I never said that.
        >
        > The argument that taking down the signs was OK because they don't
        > even know who is running cuts both ways.
        >

        > .--- In WardOneDC@yahoogrou ps.com, Todd K <tjkutyla@.. .> wrote:
        > >
        > > It's shoddy behavior to ask them to actually think
        > > about their actions and the statement they're making?
        > > Has anyone else noticed, though, that these "yard
        > > signs" seem to be everywhere but in people's yards?
        > > What are the rules for posting on lamposts and
        > > telephone polls?
        > >
        > > --- kiltumper89 <kiltumper89@ ...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Even if the store owners didn't know whose sign was
        > > > in their
        > > > windows, it seems like pretty shoddy behavior on the
        > > > part of Graham
        > > > to ask them to replace his opponent's sign with his

      • murphj20009
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3 11:56 AM
          I think by "serious challenger" James Jones was referring to the only
          challenger that actually was mounting a campaign. Unlike Lynwood
          Johnson who doesn't seem to be doing anything.

          The impression I got from James Jones, on the air, was that he feels
          Williams has no chance to defeat Graham. He was openly mocking
          Williams, basically calling him a paranoid nutjob, if you didn't
          catch that then maybe you should listen to the show again.

          --- In WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com, Janisha Richardson
          <jrichardsonanc1a08@...> wrote:

          > Taylor,
          >
          > If you are going to summarize what was said on a talk show I wish
          you would summarize it correctly. Jim Jones did not say that
          Williams wasn't much of a challenger, he said "the only serious
          challenger is Chad Williams".

          > Chad grew up in Ward 1 so I'm sure he knows some people as we all
          do that don't always follow the law. He grew up on Spring Road a
          block from where he currently resides. Fortunely, Chad took a
          different path then some of the people that he grew up with. He
          joined the Marines fought in Desert Storm, graduated from UDC with
          his Masters in Public Administration and received is Ph.D. from
          American University.

          > What needs to happen now is a debate!
          >
          > --Janisha
          >
          > Skinner Must Go <skinnermustgo@...> wrote:
          > Did anyone else catch the DC Politics Hour on WAMU today?
          If not the
          > show is available on their website.
          > http://www.wamu.org/programs/kn/06/06/30.php#11397
          >
          > Anyway, James Jones, The City Paper's Loose Lips, was one of
          > panelists. Kojo started talking about the Ward races. When they got
          > to the Ward One race, James Jones started talking about the sign
          issue
          > and then mentioned the other allegations by Williams. He said that
          he
          > spoke to Williams and Williams told him something like he knows all
          > the people in his neighborhood that steal and vandalize so he knows
          > the recent occurrence are related to the election. Jones also said
          > that Williams wasn't much of a challenger.
          >
          > Also in case you haven't seen yet, there have been several stunning
          > developments on my website this week including a statement from Joe
          > Englert, the owner of Temperance Hall. Please take a look at
          > http://www.DumpSkinner.com
          >
          > --Taylor
          >
          > On 6/29/06, kiltumper89 <kiltumper89@...> wrote:
          > > " It's shoddy behavior to ask them to actually think about their
          > > actions and the statement they're making? "
          > >
          > > Nope, I never said that.
          > >
          > > The argument that taking down the signs was OK because they don't
          > > even know who is running cuts both ways.
          > >

          > > .--- In WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com, Todd K <tjkutyla@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > It's shoddy behavior to ask them to actually think
          > > > about their actions and the statement they're making?
          > > > Has anyone else noticed, though, that these "yard
          > > > signs" seem to be everywhere but in people's yards?
          > > > What are the rules for posting on lamposts and
          > > > telephone polls?

          > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.