Re: Challenger To Jim Graham

  • Rose
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
      ---
      Mr. Todd, dont be so sensitive, I agree that William put forth a good
      response and it was thoughtful, bu is a response only thoughtful if
      it agrees with your view? If you were responding to my post I first
      off said Graham does have wide support and i would probably vote for
      him. And I was genuinely interested in where Georgia and 12 Street
      was becasue when I saw the address it made me think does this person
      really know the areas he/she is talking about it almost seemed to me
      to be insulting to me to talk about the area around Georgia where I
      live and give a faulty address. But having said that, I do not
      understand your response, you are saying that the sentiment does not
      favor Graham on this board? I do not see that I see some balanced
      views, I don't think a lot of people are of the "nicky-pick class
      which to me sounds like a response someone would make that can not
      deal with a debate and difference of opinion, if you can not deal
      with constructive response and views different than you I suggest you
      work on some political campaigns in Iraq or Afghanistan where the US
      government is telling people what their opinion is. Anyway, the main
      reason that I will probably support Graham (please read all of this
      Todd as I am saying SUPPORT GRAHAM) is because he has been one of the
      few members on the Council that puts his money where his mouth is
      when the main issue that affects me my companeros, AFFORDABLE
      HOUSING, he has tried to hold developers to the existing law as it
      exists and has gotten flak for it. A lotta people think he is doing
      political grandstanding on this issue, including a lota his council
      comrades, I say well if you do something instead of criticize Graham
      for doing what to me seems to be a conscious effort to fight for
      people that do not have it all, then do it and the majority would not
      be perceived as a lot of us see them as sleazy stooges in the pocked
      of the developers. Also Todd tell me what is the "nicky picky class?"
      Is that a classroom or a class of people. If it is a class of people,
      then who makes up this class, people that do not see things as you
      see them?

      Long live Columbia Heights, Long Live OneDC, Long LIVE YARG, Long
      live BELL HS and Long Long Live DC UNITED, and long live Ward 1 the
      best and most diverse Ward in DC!!

      Drat, I missed the candidates Forum, thanks for posting it, I slept
      on it had a lot of work and studying and have not signed on for a
      cupla days .
      love,
      Rose