Re: [WardOneDC] Re: Christmas Trees

  • Anne Theisen
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2003
      It would be easier to follow your request if the moderator set up the list
      serve so that you responded to the sender only when you hit "reply" and sent
      to the whole list when you hit "reply all". Yahoo list serves can be set
      up to respond this way.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2003
        let me get this straight. "Editorials" against Jim
        Graham and the MPD are okay, but details about a
        school fundraiser might need to be moderated?

        Personally, the info on where to get holiday
        decorations is the most useful info I've yet received
        on this list.

        Phil Sobutka

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/
      • jbabcock5@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2003
          I'm going to have to agree with the last writer that we should be able to share information on ALL the goings-on in our community, positive and negative, including school fundraisers, which we should all have the opportunity to support.

          For the record, proceeds from this fundraiser will boost the school's art program.

          Peace,

          Jenny Babcock
        • Serenety Hanley - Political
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2003
            I don't think that's possible. When you reply its just to the yahoo group. If people leave their address you can respond to them directly. To change that, we'd have to get yahoo to change it. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

            Thanks.

            Serenety Hanley, Team Leaders, RNC
            p: 202-863-8600 | f: 202-863-8808

            Make a Difference - Become a Team Leader
            http://www.gopteamleader.com

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 7, 2003
              I know that it is possible to change the settings for the list serve. I am
              a member of a number of other yahoo groups that have the feature set up this
              way; although, I don't know how to do so myself, you should be able to
              contact yahoo support and ask how to have this done.

              Anne

              > I don't think that's possible. When you reply its just to the yahoo group.
              If people leave their address you can respond to them directly. To change
              that, we'd have to get yahoo to change it. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

              > Thanks.
              >
              > Serenety Hanley, Team Leaders, RANK
              > p: 202-863-8600 | f: 202-863-8808
              >
              > Make a Difference - Become a Team Leader
              > http://www.gopteamleader.com

            • David McIntire
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 9, 2003
                Anne and all,

                A moderator may access "Management" online on the sidebar to the
                group(to the left). Once there, access "Edit preferences"
                on "Messages and archives" .

                The choices are "Reply to groupname@yahoogroups" or "Reply to
                sender". This setting of course applies to those who go online to
                review and respond to messages ; the setting on individual email
                accounts may over-ride that when one is just working email.

                By the way, it might also be worth considering re-setting the access
                to the archives to be open to all, instead of just to group members.
                All groups have plenty of lurkers, but it may also be convenient
                for "powers that be" to audit or access without having to join up.

                Elizabeth McIntire