Changes within ANC 1A

  • Boese, Kent C. (ANC 1A08)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2013
      Greetings,

      The July 2013 meeting of ANC 1A included some changes within the Commission which I would like to bring to the community's attention.

      The first is among ANC 1A's officers. Chairman Thomas Boisvert stepped down as chair. I was elected chair to fill the remainder of his term. Commissioner Vickey Wright-Smith was elected Secretary to fill the subsequent vacancy created upon filling the Chair position.

      Perhaps of more significance to the short term operation of the Commission, Lisa Kralovic (1A01) resigned from the Commission with July being her last meeting. Commissioner Kralovic is moving outside of her Single Member District, but not out of D.C. Hopefully our loss will be another community's gain.

      I would like to take this opportunity to extend our gratitude to Commissioner Kralovic for her years' of service and dedication to the community.

      I would also like to encourage anyone living in Single Member District 1A01 -- bounded by Spring Rd (north) 14th Street (east) Ogden Street (south) and 16th Street (west) -- interested in serving on the Commission to consider filling this vacancy (see SMD map here http://www.anc1a.org/map.html). I believe the nominating petitions will be available in the first week of August and candidates will have 3 weeks to return the completed petitions. I will send out more detailed information when it is available.

      With regards,

      Kent C. Boese | Chair, Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1A | Single Member District (SMD) 1A08
      608 Rock Creek Church Road, NW | Washington, DC 20010
      202-525-7682 | 1a08@... | Twitter: @ParkViewDC

      Escape into summer with books. Prevent learning loss and read daily with students. Visit www.dclibrary.org/summerreading for more information.