Harry Hughes departing Tubman

  • Aquiline, Laina (ANC 1A04)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 12:32 PM
    On Th. June 20, we learned that our great principal Harry Hughes is leaving Tubman Elementary School.  A product of his own success, he has been promoted to DCPS administration as an instructional superintendent.  Maggie Slye will remain as assistant principal.

    The Tubman community will miss him, his great work and progress he achieved there.  Hughes' departure letter is attached.

    DCPS is in the process of selecting his replacement.  We anxiously await the announcement of the hire and look forward to building upon the ongoing growth and success of our neighborhood elementary school.

    PTA leadership for 2013-2014:
    President - Matthew Aquiline
    Vice President - Josephine Hodges
    Treasurer - Toni Sawyers
    Recording Secretary - Charmayne McNair
    Membership Coordinator - Laina Aquiline

    We thank the Ward 1 community, DCPS, OSSE and the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education for their continued support.

    OneCityYouth.DC.gov is your new, one-stop source for summer activities for District youth.
    Head to the site today for programs & services for young people across the District!