JOBS JOBS at the NEW YMCA Anthony Bowen--Please Pass On

  • Jim Graham
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2013

    Dear Friends:

    I am pleased to be able to provide the ATTACHED information regarding career opportunities at the soon to open Anthony Bowen YMCA at 1325 W St., NW.  There are over 40 full time positions and over 100 part time positions available.   The positions cover the full spectrum including Community Director, Child Care, Wellness, and Facilities Management.

    We are all looking forward to the new Anthony Bowen YMCA continuing a long history and legacy of service in Ward One.  The YMCA Leadership has assured me they are committed to an Anthony Bowen YMCA that is reflective of the diversity and wide-ranging interests, abilities, and needs of the immediate community.

    Please distribute the employment information attached to friends and neighbors that you may think are interested in joining the Anthony Bowen YMCA staff.

    Bests, Councilmember Jim Graham

    I typically answer emails before 9 AM on weekdays. If you email me after that, it is likely that you will hear from me the next weekday. If there is a need to communicate prior to that, you may wish to call me. For most effective communication, please use my direct email address: jim@...

    Jim Graham, Councilmember, Ward One, 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #105, Washington, DC 20004. 202-724-8181; 202-724-8109 (fax).

    Chairman, Committee on Human Services (including alcohol regulation). Main Committee Number: 202-724-8191. 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #116, Washington, DC 20004.

    Website: www.grahamwone.com

    http://www.yogainsideout.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Find-us-on-facebook.gif

    http://idx-images.cisdata.net/acnt/images/285/AR410285/file_manager/Follow_us_on_Twitter.jpg

    MeridianHillNeighborhoodAssociation@yahoogroups.com; c_parascandola@...; deborahanc@...; cwoodland@...; jreyes@...; kbranton@...; jdetaeye@...; Pamela.Curran@...; Angie.Reese-Hawkins@...; Janice.Williams@...; jray@...; Gene.Jones@...; jdetaeye@...;

    Dear Friends:

    I am pleased to be able to provide the ATTACHED information regarding career opportunities at the soon to open Anthony Bowen YMCA at 1325 W St., NW.  There are over 40 full time positions and over 100 part time positions available.   The positions cover the full spectrum including Community Director, Child Care, Wellness, and Facilities Management.

    We are all looking forward to the new Anthony Bowen YMCA continuing a long history and legacy of service in Ward One.  The YMCA Leadership has assured me they are committed to an Anthony Bowen YMCA that is reflective of the diversity and wide-ranging interests, abilities, and needs of the immediate community.

    Please distribute the employment information attached to friends and neighbors that you may think are interested in joining the Anthony Bowen YMCA staff.

    Bests, Jim

    Rev. John D. De Taeye
    Committee on Human Services
    Councilmember Jim Graham, Chair
    John A. Wilson Building
    1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
    Suite 116
    Washington, DC  20004
     202.724.7774 (phone)
    202.724.7133 (fax)
    www.grahamwone.com

    From: Pamela Curran <Pamela.Curran@...>
    Date: June 6, 2013 12:37:12 PM EDT
    To: Jim Graham <Jim@...>
    Cc: Angie Reese-Hawkins <Angie.Reese-Hawkins@...>, Janice Williams <Janice.Williams@...>, "jray@..." <jray@...>, "tang@..." <tang@...>, "deborahanc@..." <deborahanc@...>
    Subject: Upcoming Positions at YMCA Anthony Bowen

    Councilmember Graham,

    One of the myriad of items discussed during the meeting Friday with senior leadership of the YMCA was the potential employment opportunities at the Anthony Bowen YMCA.   As we are approaching the window of being within 60 days opening the facility, attached are the number of positions for employment and also the dates and locations for the first career. Although there will be several distribution sites in the community to place the attached material. However, should Commissioner Deborah Thomas wish to serve as an additional distribution opportunity for the Y she may use the information attached for her convenience.

    Subsequently, as per our discussion Friday, the Y will be providing additional information for your perusal.

    Sincerely,

    Pamela Curran
    Chief Operating Officer

    YMCA OF METROPOLITAN WASHINGTON
    1112 16th Street NW, Suite 720
    (P) 202-797-4471

    Facebook | Twitter

    The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.

    Logo - Blue and Purple

    cid:image002.jpg@01CB85AF.2E79DB20

  • Jim Graham
    Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2013

    I am running this again—in eth hope that there are Ward One residents who could qualify for these jobs. Please pass on! Bests CM Jim Grahm