FW: Banneker Pre-Construction Meeting - Tuesday, June 18th, 6:30pm

  • Barragan, JuanCamilo (EOM)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2013
    FYI

    From: DC, PLAY (DPR)
    Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:49 AM
    To: DC, PLAY (DPR)
    Cc: West, Stacie (DPR)
    Subject: Banneker Pre-Construction Meeting - Tuesday, June 18th, 6:30pm

    Dear Banneker Park community stakeholders,

    The Department of Parks and Recreation and Department of General Services would like to provide you with an update on the Banneker play space, which will be renovated this year as part of the Play DC initiative. Through community meetings held in November and December, as well as through online surveys, we received great feedback about Banneker that was used to develop the concept design. We hope that you are as excited as we are about the playground renovations and upgrades!

    The next step in this process will be a pre-construction community meeting. We will introduce the construction team and discuss the final design, construction schedule, and potential impacts to the site. This meeting will take place on Tuesday, June 18th from 6:30-7:30pm at Banneker Recreation Center, 2500 Georgia Avenue NW. Please note that during construction, the playground will be closed. We anticipate that construction will begin on or around June 19th.

    Please share the attached flyer with your friends and neighbors. We also invite you to visit our website for more information on the Play DC initiative: http://dpr.dc.gov/DC/DPR/Property+Improvements/Capital+Projects/Play+DC

    Should you have any questions or concerns about the Banneker renovations, please contact Stacie West at stacie.west@... or 202-256-3528.

    Best regards,
    The Play DC Team

    moveDC is a citywide initiative to develop a bold, new vision for the District’s transportation future and increase transportation choices for all.
    Visit www.wemovedc.org for more information.