TOMORROW: CAPE League Sample Saturday and Enrollemt: This Saturday (space is limited)

  • T racy Press - PBM
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2013
    Hello DC Area Families,

    We are in our winter enrollment period for CAPE League. CAPE League is an arts and enrichment, social youth program which meets on Saturday, and is a year round program (we do not accept partial year members).  Saturday programming usually goes from 10am-3pm.
    The program is for children 11-17 (10 in special circumstances). Our quarterly sample Saturday (February 2nd) is tomorrow. It begins at 10am (the schedule is below) and lasts until about 3:30pm. Our location at the Perry School is 128 M Street, NW. Please bring your child there at 9:45am. Tomorrow they should bring $5 for lunch and activities.
    You must be confirmed beforehand to attend. Please respond to this email with a confirmation for your child's name and age (I will respond letting you know your children are confirmed).
    The purpose of this day is to sample the program before applying, so please do have an interest in the program. See one of our press releases below. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 202-631-7331.
    Thank you,
    Tracy Press
    Saturday, February 2nd
    Meet at Perry School  (9:45am)
    Magazine Project: Play Reviews and Theme Project (10am-11:30am)
    We will finish up on two aspects of the Arts and Cultural Magazine project that we are working on.
    The kids will finish writing their play reviews from the Nutcracker, which we saw in December. Kids will be given tip in creative writing. We will go over what goes into a review and how to make it your own. Remember, the kids will be competing for prizes with their reviews.
    They will also finish creating collages from magazines. The focus of thie activity is Themes. Members will be placed in pairs to create a collage based on a theme/topic that will be chosen for them. The purpose is to get the kids familiar with the content in magazines and understand how themes aer important.
    CAPE Brunch/Global Youth Service Day Project (11:30am-12:30pm)
    We will continue discussing our 2013 Youth Service Day project and continue building our wish list and project outline. The project is hosting a Youth Social Day at a local non-profit that will involve building relationships and having fun with other youth in the community. We will also have brunch before heading to the show
    CAPE Wars and Prizes: Presidential Pop Quiz (12:30pm-1:15pm)
    In celebration of the second inauguration of President Obama, we will have a competition focus on American Presidents! Members and guests will be paired in teams of three and will get questions based on facts about U.S. presidents.  Since our members like money so much, it will be a a Dollar per Ding. For each correct question the team gets $1. And don't worry - we will give you a little cheat sheet tomorrow, so you can study up. (this time I will actually attach it)
    Field Trip: Washington Auto Show (1:15pm-3pm)
    We will go out to visit the Washington Auto Show. The kids can view exciting new cars, hang out and participate in a number of family friendly activities.

    Also, here is the outline for C.A.P.E. areas of focus for the winter (December-February).
    Community: Political Involvement, Holiday Outreach
    Academics: Debate Team, Creative Writing
    Personal Enrichment: Multi-Cutlural Experiences, Career Exploration
    Entertainment, Arts and Sports: Arts & Culture Magazine, Winter Sports and Physical Fitness
    -----
    C.A.P.E. League is a comprehensive, year-round program created to fully integrate the lives of young people in the DC metro area with a broad education and great opportunities that will influence them positively. The program’s strategy is to reach out to youth who are not responsive to other programs, or in special situations, and engage them per their interests in the arts, entertainment, sports or media– while developing them in a variety of other key areas. It is designed to provide an outlet for both fun and enrichment, while providing the pathway for personal growth. The League aims to be a part of its members’ entire adolescence, serving them throughout their formidable years.

    C.A.P.E. is an acronym for the components of the League and what we focus our activities on:
    ·         C – Community Involvement
    ·         A – Academic Enhancement
    ·         P – Personal and Professional Development
    ·         E – Entertainment, Sports, Media and Arts

    The League is geared toward youth who may not be exposed to or able to afford to take part in productive and diverse activities. We recruit youth who are classified as “at-risk”, are from foster homes, a part of single parent and/or lower-income families, or have social or academic inadequacies. However, the program is open to all youth who wish to welcome new opportunities.  We aim to provide an outlet for stimulating occupation; while presenting activities that educate and enhance them beyond the classroom.  Throughout their membership, they are introduced to the business of entertainment and sports; as well as the performing, literary, and visual arts.

    C.A.P.E. League Membership
    The program targets youth from underserved communities, between ages of 11 and 17. Membership includes monthly activities - at least 45-55 per year. Membership also includes the following:

    ·   Tutoring, computers and academic enrichment through the school year & summer
    ·   Mentor or mentor groups that addresses their personal growth and/or professional interests
    ·   Structured arts, entertainment, media & sports programming and instruction through the year
    ·   Free or reduced summer programming and after-school activities through our partnerships
    ·   Group volunteer activities and community service projects
    ·   Academic, professional and personal enrichment components - designed to meet the needs of each member (see below)
    ·   Recreational and educational field trips
    ·   Relationships/partnerships with National Alliance of African American Athletes, Howard University, Monumental/Washington Sports, Technology Playground, Live Nation, Words Beats & Life, Perry School, Essence Magazine  and other organizations for additional resources

    The program is affrodable to all participants who meet the criteria, in the form of scholarships PBM. It is valued at $3,500 per year (but donations subsidize the costs for families).

  • T racy Press - PBM
    Message 2 of 14 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hello Families, Friends, Non-Profits and PBM Community:

      We welcome you to PBM's public service - a free newsletter where we research and provide a listing of job openings, community events, opportunities, free services, scholarships, and other resources for all in the community!! Powerful Beyond Measure is a 501c3 non-profit which focuses on youth development, community outreach and aiding lower income families, by integrating the entertainment, arts, sports and media industries. The PBM Weekly Source Email is available to all residents and organizations of the DC metro area

      Tracy Press
      Executive Director
      Your Next Great Book! Event at Tenley-Friendship Library
      Wednesday February 20th
      Are you looking for your next great book to read? Come join the librarians at the Tenley-Friendship Library as they briefly talk about some of their favorite books. All types of books will be discussed, including, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Genre, and Teen. This is a great opportunity to meet the staff of the library, and be exposed to some great books. There will be copies on hand for checkout of all of the books that are talked about.
      The event is next Wednesday, February 20th, at 7:00 PM in the large meeting room on the second floor. Everyone is welcome to attend, and light refreshments will be provided.

      Job Listing: PT After School Drama Teachers Needed
      Creative Kids is currently hiring part-time teaching artists/teachers for the spring semester of the 2012-13 academic school year (i.e. April -- June). Creative Kids is a literature-based, after school drama program that runs classes in various schools throughout DC, suburban MD,and Northern Virginia areas. We particularly need teachers in Montgomery County.
      In each Creative Kids class our teachers lead students to explore and enact specially selected children's books. We work with ages 3-12. Our class size ranges from 8-15 children.
      * Experience working with children and/or teaching is required as well as some experience in theatre or drama. * Having a car is REQUIRED. * Spanish-speaking teachers are also needed, so please let us know if you are fluent in Spanish when applying!
      We are looking for teachers who are available to teach at least one class a week. Classes typically take place between 2pm and 5pm and are 45-60 minutes in length. Classes meet once a week at each site and run for six to ten weeks. Teachers can be assigned to more than one site depending on availability. Pay is $26 per 45 minute class and $33 per 60 minute class. Mileage is included for sites over 18 miles from your home or other place of business. Bonuses provided to those who teach 3+ classes per week in a single semester. All materials for classes are provided.
      Interviews will take place through late February. Paid training will take place in March (dates TBA).
      If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Victoria Reinsel, Programs Manager, at creativekids@.... In your cover letter, please provide your general afternoon availability for April - June, and confirm that you own a car in good working condition. No phone calls, please.
      Feel free to check out our website: http://www.createkids.com.

      Trauma 101 Training - SAMHSA
      Monday, February 25, 2013; 6:00pm – 9:00pm
      In Association with Universal Healthcare Management Services, Inc., Abigail, Inc. and Independent Church of God
      What You Will Learn:  What is Trauma?; Why We Need to Address It; Trauma and Recovery
      Trainer/Facilitator: William Kellibrew IV, Consultant - National Center for Trauma Informed Care and SAMSHA’s Promoting Alternatives to Seclusion and Restraint through Trauma Informed Practices
      Location: Independent Church of God - 2302 Ainger Place, SE - Washington, DC 20020
      Registration/Cost: THIS TRAINING IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!            A Networking Dinner will be held from 5:15pm – 6:00pm. Electronic Certificates of Attendance are available upon request. Pre-register by Thursday, February 21, 2013, 5:00pm. Please contact Philippa Stuart by phone 301-735-1635;    fax 202-583-1186; or email at pstuart@....

      Free Staged Reading: "Abe Lincoln in Illinois"
      The American Century Theatre will present free staged readings of the 1938 play, Abe Lincoln in Illinois, by Robert E. Sherwood, as part of its Rescues series.
      Directed by Ellen Dempsey. The role of Abraham Lincoln will be played by Jon Townson.
      February 21, 22, 23, 2013 at 7:30pm
      Theatre on The Run, 3700 Four Mile Run, Arlington, VA 22206
      Tickets are free. General Admission seating. Send an email to office@... to add your name to the guest list.
      The beginning of Abe Lincoln's political career, from his days as a student in Illinois to his departure from Springfield for the White House. Winner of the Pulitzer Prize in Drama in 1939.
      Visit us at AmericanCentury.org

      Atlas Performing Arts Center Seeks Volunteers for upcoming INTERSECTIONS Festival The Atlas Performing Arts Center is seeking additional volunteers for its fourth annual, three-week INTERSECTIONS Festival (Friday, February 22 – Sunday, March 10, 2013 ), which includes over 125 multidisciplinary, collaborative performances
       and brings together over 12,000 people to deepen connection and expand common experience through the arts.
      From Family Saturdays featuring performances and events for children to late-night dance parties and jazz jam sessions, the INTERSECTIONS Festival seeks to connect the broadest possible audience with the most exciting new ways of making community-inspiring art. To learn more about the INTERSECTIONS Festival, go to www.intersectionsdc.org.
      If you like to volunteer during INTERSECTIONS please send an email to Elena Forbes eforbes AT atlasarts DOT org or call her directly at (202) 399-7993 ext. 144 if you are interested in learning more

      OSTP Student Volunteer Program
      Serving as an OSTP Student Volunteer provides a unique opportunity to work closely with senior White House officials and science and technology (S&T) policy analysts in OSTP's topic-based divisions (Division internship), or on OSTP's legal team (Legal internship).
      Applicants are encouraged to apply for one of three terms (Fall, Spring, or Summer) and may apply early for future terms. Each term lasts no more than 90 days. These positions are without compensation; however, you may be eligible to receive academic credit from your college or university.
      Note that Division-based internships are open to students of all majors, including law students, while Legal internships are open only to law, pre-law, or LLM students .
      Applications are now closed for the Spring 2013 term. Access the online applications directly: http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/ostp/about/student/instructions
      *Upcoming Deadline*: The application deadline for Summer 2013 Division-based Internships has been extended to February 22, 2013
      Applicants are encouraged to read the OSTP division descriptions before submitting an application.

      The 9th Annual Afro-American and Ethiopian Heritage & Unity Celebration
      Featuring keynote speaker Dr. Bill Runyon, Chairman and Historian of the L. Ron Hubbard Foundation in Washington, D.C.; Dr. Frank Smith, Founder and Direct of the African-American Civil War Memorial Museum and Statue in Washington, D.C.; and Dr. Girma Abebe, Former Diplomat who has done extensive research on Ethiopian and American relations.
      Date: February 22, 2013 | 7:00PM
      Frasier Mansion 1701 20th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009

      Ivymount Special Needs Resource Fair - Feb 23 3
      We invite families of children with special needs, including autism, in the Washington Metropolitan area to join us at The Ivymount School on Saturday, Feb 23 from 12-3:00pm for the Ivymount Special Needs Resource Fair.
      Here’s your chance to check out the terrific range of resources available in our community to families with children and young adults with special needs. We have over 45 Exhibitors including special needs camps and social skills groups, special needs sports organizations, learning/academic resources, financial planners and estate planning teams, therapeutic services, young adult services and more!   Ivymount Outreach Programs and Ivymount Project SEARCH will also be exhibiting.  Attached is the flyer with the current list of exhibitors.
      The Ivymount School is located at 11614 Seven Locks Road. This fair is free and open to the public. Learn more at: www.ivymount.org/specialneedsfair

      Hollywood on the Potomac at Petworth
      Monday, February 25th, 7-9 pm, at the Petworth Library will host Michael Canning, author of Hollywood on the Potomac, and Joseph Martin (producer/location manager & scout), to talk about the whys and hows of films and televisions shows made in Washington. There will be a few studio scripts to distribute probably as door prizes.
      A segment of the evening will be titled, "Matching Script to Picture: How Hollywood chooses locations for the movies." As a location manager and scout, my job is to get inside the head of Hollywood directors and producers, figure out what they want for locations and play an instrumental role in making it all happen. With a trained eye and an array of cameras and lenses, I scout for locations by car, helicopter and plane. I will describe the process and share anecdotes about my work on projects ranging from "The West Wing," HBO's "K Street," "Enemy of the State" to many other projects including the soon-to-be-released indie feature, "Jamesy Boy."
      I will also talk about the greater economic benefits of film-making and how DC is currently losing the lion's share of projects scripted for DC to Baltimore ("House of Cards," "Veep"), Charlotte ("Homeland") and elsewhere - and how we might change that. (Maryland state government audits suggest Netflix "House of Cards," Season 1, last year spent $116 million and counting in and around Baltimore on more than 1,100 Baltimore-area vendors.
      My credits include work on over 20 feature films plus network television series, commercials, documentaries and work with still photographers for Vanity Fair, Vogue, Glamour, the New York Times Magazine and in addition to working as a producer nationwide and in Europe for cooking/travel shows seen on Discovery and PBS. Partial/incomplete list of credits: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0552573/filmotype

      NMHM Program Alert: Medical Museum Science Café - The Embroidered Body
      What: Join Brooklyn-based artist Megan Canning for a discussion about using embroidery and soft sculpture to illustrate the intricacies of the human form. Inspired by neuroscience, early medical illustrations, contemporary poetry and traditional textiles, Canning's work explores the relationship between the human body and emotional and sensual memory. Canning will describe her research process and talk about the way medical illustration has evolved over time.
      Program type: Talk/lecture
      When: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
      Where: Silver Spring Civic Building, Fenton Room - 1 Veterans Place - Silver Spring, MD 20910
      Cost: Free. Open to the public, no RSVP required

      "PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN": National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
      According to the U.S. Department of Justice there are nearly 800,000 children reported as missing to law enforcement each year. While away from their families, many of these children are at risk of becoming victims of other victimization, often times stripping away their innocence. We must take action and work in collaboration to protect children in our communities.
       We believe Faith based organizations are fundamental to increasing awareness and action in our communities about protecting children. To begin this important collaboration and lead local efforts,  The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and the U.S. Attorney’s Office of Washington DC are joining efforts to co-host “Protecting Children: Strategies for Faith Based Communities”. This meeting will take place on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 1PM – 3PM at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, 901 G Street NW, Washington DC, room A-5. During the meeting, you will hear from experts about the issues surrounding missing and exploited children and how this problem is impacting communities in the local area.  Attendees will also learn about preventive strategies to keep children safer and will receive free resources to begin local efforts.
      Click here to confirm your attendance: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1134809/Protecting-Children-Strategies-for-Faith-Based-Communities

      Lowe's Grant Application Now Open!
      In 2013, Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation is once again sponsoring the Lowe’s/Keep America Beautiful Community Improvement Grants. The program will award $900,000 in grants to Keep America Beautiful Affiliates and participating organizations for community improvement projects to be completed in 2013.
      The Lowe’s/Keep America Beautiful Grant Partnership Program consists of Community Improvement $5,000 Grants and Community Improvement $20,000 Spotlight Project Grants. These grant applications should reflect the need for a high impact project in your community and you are strongly encouraged to involve your local Lowe's stores and Lowe’s Heroes.
      Please note: KAB affiliates will be given priority and are eligible to apply for grants beginning February 5, 2013. · Local governments, colleges, civic organizations, schools, and non-profit groups are eligible to apply beginning February 15, 2013. · APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2013 (there is not a second phase of Lowe’s grants this year, all applications are due March 1)
      For more information and to apply, please visit: www.kab.org/grants

      WDCAC Scholarship Program
      Recognizing educational achievement and encouraging the contribution of academic pursuits is one of the primary objectives of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.  The Washington DC Alumnae Chapter’s (WDCAC) annual scholarship program recognizes graduating high school students from Washington , D.C. and prior WDCAC scholarship recipients who display academic excellence, community service, leadership skills, and/or financial need, and who choose to attend an institution of higher learning.
      The Scholarship Committee administers the scholarship program for the WDCAC, which includes implementing and distributing an application to public, private, charter, and parochial high school seniors in Washington D.C. ; as well as, recommending recipients for the chapter’s scholarships.
      During our annual public meeting in May 2012 we awarded new and continuing scholarships ranging from $1,050 to $2,500.  We also awarded four trunk scholarships which consisted of a tote filled with items such as towels, sheets, iron, alarm clock, and toiletry items that students will need when they begin college.
      The WDCAC offers the following scholarships:
       Δ   2013 Scholarship Application ~  Students who attend a Washington, D.C. public, private, charter, or parochial high school and are seniors graduating in 2013.
       Scholarship winners will be notified in April and will be presented their award at our Public Meeting held in May.
      All application packages must be received by March 1, 2013 For questions regarding the WDCAC Scholarship Program please email scholarship@.... Application is available at http://www.wdcac.org/

      Georgetown Early Learning Project for Children 6 to 36 Months!
      Is your child between 6 and 36 months old? Are you looking for a fun and interesting activity to do with your child?
      We are the Georgetown Early Learning Project at Georgetown University. We are always looking for new participants ages 6-36 months. Our work will help us understand how infants learn from the different sources at very early ages. Typically, our studies involve us coming to your house for about 30 minutes whenever you are available. We would show your child how something works (i.e. blocks, rattle, stacking cups) on TV, by book, touch screen, or live and then see if they can replicate what we did. All of our studies take place in your home because that is where babies are at their best. We are willing to come at any time— early in the morning, in the evening, or even weekends! Participation in the studies is entirely voluntary; we rely solely upon the generosity of parents and children. In return, we try to make our visits as fun as possible!
      If you are interested in participating or would like further information, please call us at (202-687-6988). You can also email us at earlylearning@..., look us up on the web at www.elp.georgetown.edu, or become a fan of the Georgetown Early Learning Project on Facebook!

    • T racy Press - PBM
      Message 3 of 14 , Mar 4, 2013
        Hello Families, Friends, Non-Profits and PBM Community:

        We welcome you to PBM's public service - a free newsletter where we research and provide a listing of job openings, community events, opportunities, free services, scholarships, and other resources for all in the community!! Powerful Beyond Measure is a 501c3 non-profit which focuses on youth development, community outreach and aiding lower income families, by integrating the entertainment, arts, sports and media industries. The PBM Weekly Source Email is available to all residents and organizations of the DC metro area

        Tracy Press
        Executive Director
        Sela Public Charter School Information Sessions and Open Houses
        Sela Public Charter School is a new charter school opening this August in the Ward 4 neighborhood of Takoma, DC. Conveniently located near public transportation, Sela PCS will be the only public charter school in the country where all instruction will be done in both English and Hebrew.
        Sela PCS will offer FREE Before and After Care for all enrolled families and is seeking applicants for the first classes of Pre-K (4 year olds), Kindergarten, and Grade 1, growing each year adding additional grades.
        To learn more, visit us at one of our upcoming city-wide information sessions and open houses: Tuesday, March 5th @ 6pm: Riggs Park Baptist Church, 5998 Chillum Pl, NE (Takoma, DC).
        Sela Public Charter School
        office: 202-670-SELA (7352)
        Visit us: www.SelaPCS.org
        Follow us: @SelaPCS
        Like us: Facebook.com/SelaPCS

        GIRL TO WOMANHOOD: The PlaybookGirls in Grades 9 thru 12
        Enjoy bringing out the best in yourself & others. Have fun! Learn skills & Get tools to deal with real life situations.
        When is the last time someone listened to you? We want to know your thoughts & opinions.
        We need your help! Tell us what you need to become the woman you want to be.
        The first 20 to register & attend will receive VIP Membership status for upcoming events.
        Contact royalproteges1@...
        Tuesday, March 5, 20135:15pm-6:30pmSoutheast Neighborhood Library (LL)
        403 7th St., SE (Near Eastern Market)
        contact royalproteges1@... to register
        NO FEE for this introductory event
        First 20 to register receive VIP membership for 2013

        Non-Union Casting Call for MALE SERVICEMEMBER – All Ethnicities Show
        The Radio and Television Production Office at Defense Media Activity is looking for a NON-UNION MALE SERVICE MEMBER (in appearance): mid-twenties to mid-thirties. Gym rat. Handsome. All ethnicities. Athletic. Non-union. Principal Role. Speaking. MUST BE ABLE TO BENCH-PRESS AT LEAST 40 LBS. PAID.
        Talent will need to be available for one shoot day mid to late March, on a weekday, during regular business hours (somewhere in the range of 7am-6pm). The shoot will take place on or near Ft. Meade, Maryland (near Baltimore.)
        For consideration or if you have any questions, please email RTPOcasting@... with your headshot/resume. Please include a link to a reel of your past work, if you have one . Please be sure to include your height, weight, and all contact information. Put "TEENAGE MALE" in the subject line.
        No phone calls please.
        A bit about RTPO. RTPO is not a traditional "production house" and our spots do not air on traditional TV. Our audience is much more limited because our spots, for all intents and purposes, air on a "closed government TV network."
        The Radio and Television Production Office, is part of the U.S. Defense Department's Defense Media Activity (DMA). RTPO produces many of the public service announcements and command information spots seen overseas on American Forces Network (an internal television network for US Troops stationed overseas).

        Advanced Leadership Coordinator Position – Young People For
        Young People For (YP4), a program of People For the American Way Foundation, is hiring an Advanced Leadership Coordinator to coordinate program components of advanced leadership trainings designed for Fellows who have completed their first year of the YP4 Fellowship program. The position would begin ASAP.
        We are looking for a creative team player with a deep commitment to social justice and who has the ability to work with our diverse network of alumni and young professionals. The primary responsibilities include the coordination of the Front Line Leaders Academy program, event planning, and cultivating programs that encourage alumni engagement and support their long-term leadership development.
        Please pass along the job description, which you can find on People For the American Way’s website and below, to terrific potential candidates. Candidates should apply as directed in the announcement, but please give Paloma Ibañez (pibanez@...) a heads up if you know of any terrific applicants.
        People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values; monitors, exposes, and challenges the Religious Right movement and its political allies; identifies, trains, and supports the next generation of progressive leaders through its Young People For (YP4) and Young Elected Officials Network youth leadership programs; and carries out nonpartisan voter education, registration, civic participation, and election protection activities.
        Young People For (YP4) is a progressive leadership development program focused on identifying, engaging, and empowering the newest generation of progressive leaders to create lasting change in their communities. YP4 is dedicated to identifying young campus and community leaders, engaging them, and supporting them with the skills and resources they need to create change. Together, People For and YP4 are building a long-term network of emerging leaders committed to protecting our nation's fundamental rights and freedoms.
        YP4 has three overarching priorities: 1) to diversity leadership in the progressive movement; 2) to support young leaders to effect change in their communities now; and 3) to ensure that young leaders are sustained in their leadership over the long term.
        This position is located in Washington, DC and reports to the Advanced Leadership & Alumni Program Manager.
        • Work with Advanced Leadership & Alumni Program Manager to set annual and quarterly department goals and ensure the department achieves monthly deliverables • Coordinate program components of advanced leadership trainings designed for Fellows who have completed the first year of the Fellowship program including the Front Line Leaders Academy, Career Center, and Senior Fellowship • Coordinate the Front Line Leaders Academy which includes the coordination of recruitment, selection, curriculum, logistics, evaluation, and other programmatic components. • Initiate and support partnership opportunities for events and trainings at national, regional, and local conferences and events • Support the Fellowship department through engaging alumni in the recruitment, selection, and mentorship of the current YP4 Fellowship class • Support the research and tracking of the YP4 network to ensure that we are offering the programs and services necessary to support fellows to have long-term and meaningful roles in the progressive movement • Recruit, select, and manage YP4 interns in the summer, spring and fall • Other duties as assigned
        Qualifications: Undergraduate degree and 3-4 years related experience including vote, campaign, grassroots, student or youth organizing, social justice, and/or leadership development work • Experience working on political campaigns, organizing events, trainings, and developing new programs • Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; must be well organized, adaptable, detail-oriented and able to effectively manage competing priorities and frequent deadlines • Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and communities • Strong commitment to professional development • Good interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with a variety of people • Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information and present in a usable format • Ability to work independently, with supervision, and as part as a team • Ability and willingness to travel frequently and to work additional hours when needed • Excellent written communications skills • Social media, graphic design, WISIWYG, Adobe Suite, In Design, and basic html experience preferred. • Commitment to the issues of Young People For and People For the American Way Foundation
        To apply: Send resume and statement of interest to Human Resources, People For the American Way Foundation, 1101 15th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Emailhr@....

        Auditions - Children's Theatre at Way Off Broadway Show
        THURSDAY, MARCH 7th beginning at 7:00 p.m.
        This is big! For only the second time in Children's Theatre history, we are holding open auditions! That's right, we are looking to fill roles in all of our upcoming productions -- Disney's Cinderella, Pinkalicious, and A Children's Theatre Christmas Carol. So we will be looking for princess-types, princes, fairy godmothers, and characters of all sorts.
        Those auditioning are asked to bring a headshot and resume, as well as 16 bars of prepared music from a Disney song. Everyone will be asked to sing, read from the scripts, and do some movement.
        Those auditioning should be at least 16 years old. All roles are non-union paying.  No appointments are necessary.
        Children's Theatre performances are every Saturday afternoon and the 2nd and 4th Sunday afternoon of each month. There are also occasional weekday matinees during the runs. Rehearsals are usually held one to two evenings a week.
        For additional information on the theatre and 2013 Children's Theatre Season, please visit www.wayoffbroadway.com.
        Visit WOB on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WayOffBroadway.
        WAY OFF BROADWAY DINNER THEATRE
        Willowtree Plaza | 5 Willowdale Drive
        Frederick, Maryland 21702
        Tel: (301) 662-6600 E-mail: WOB@...

        The Women's Campaign School at Yale is coming to Washington, DC!
        2013 summer session will be held June 10-14 at Yale Law School.
        The online application period will take place February 15 through April 15, 2013, via our website: WCSYale.org.
        Please join us to learn more about our upcoming summer session: Thursday, March 7, 2013
        Hogan Lovells LLP - Columbia Square - 555 Thirteenth Street, NW - Washington, DC 20004
        5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
        Please RSVP to RSVPDC@...
        Questions? 203-734-7385
        http://www.wcsyale.org/. The Women's Campaign School at Yale University is a non-partisan, issue neutral leadership program, whose mission is to increase the number and influence of women in elected and appointed office in the United States and around the globe.
        Celebrating 20 years of inspiring and training women to lead.

        Getting Ready for the SAT exam! Saturday, March 9th
        Getting Ready for the SAT exam!
        Ages 13-18
        Saturday, March 9th; 10:30 a.m.
        Oxon Hill Library - 6200 Oxon Hill Road - Oxon Hill, MD  20745
        301 839-2400
        Alycia Marshall, PhD, CEO of Educational Excellence, will have hands on examples and sample questons to prepare students for the SAT exam. Registration required. Call branch for details.

        Pathways Internship Program: Vacancy Announcement Posted on USAJOBS
        The Bureau of Human Resources, Office of Shared Services is pleased to announce that additional Pathways Internship Program vacancies have been posted on USAJOBS.
        The Department's Pathways Internship Program has two components to allow for flexible recruitment: the Internship Experience Program (IEP) and the Internship Temporary Experience Program (ITEP). These two programs replace all former paid internships (e.g. Student Temporary Employment Program, Student Career Experience Program, Cooperative Education Program, Stay-in-School Program, and the Summer Clerical Program).
        The Internship Experience Program (IEP) allows for non-temporary appointments that are expected to last the length of the academic program for which the intern is enrolled. IEP participants, while in the program, are eligible for noncompetitive promotions.
        The Internship Temporary Experience Program (ITEP) places interns on temporary appointments not to exceed one year with the possibility of extensions in one-year increments. The temporary nature of ITEP allows for interns to work during seasonal and holiday breaks in academic programs. ITEP participants are ineligible for noncompetitive promotions. If an ITEP participant is qualified at a higher grade level, he/she must compete for the position via a USAJobs vacancy announcement.
        Both programs allow for noncompetitive conversion into the competitive service following successful completion of all program requirements.
        These vacancies are for Human Resources (GS-299, Grades 4, 5 and 7) student trainee positions located in: Washington, DC
        IEP Announcement number for GS-299-4 is: HRSC/PATH-2013-0017
        IEP Announcement number for GS-299-5/7 is: HRSC/PATH-2013-0019
        ITEP Announcement number for GS-299-4 is: HRSC/PATH-2013-0016
        ITEP Announcement number for GS-299-5/7 is: HRSC/PATH-2013-0018
        Per OPM public notification requirements, all Pathways Program opportunities must be made available to the public via USAJOBS. Veteran's preference applies.
        After HR verifies each applicant's eligibility, a certificate of eligible candidates will be sent to Pathways Bureau Coordinators to share with hiring managers for interviews and selections. HR will receive selections from bureaus and make all tentative job offers. Selections must be made timely to ensure security investigations can be initiated.
        For questions regarding the Pathways Internship Program, please contact HRSC@....

        Harriet’s Trail: Women Interested in a “Plum Book Political Appointment
        A “Plum Book Political Appointment” is a Presidential Appointment
        Find out what is personally required of you - Learn the process to secure a federal appointment - What are the nuts & bolts of getting appointed to a   Federal/Presidential Board - Learn how to get a high level Federal job
        Join us for enlightenment & light refreshments!
        Our location is sponsored by The Honorable Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton
        Seminar Speaker: Ms. Bizunesh “Biz”  Scott, Esq. former Special Assistant to President Obama, Managing and Vetting Appointments
        Friday, March 15, 2013; 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
        US Capitol – Visitors Center; Room 200 - Washington DC 20006
        RSVP by March 7, 2013 via Latesha Bagwell email: Harrietstrail@...
        202-802-6632
        Harriet’s Trail is a non-profit, non-partisan organized for the purpose for electing women to public office and increasing the number of women in high level policy positions because turning back is not an option.

        Tidal Basin Clean-up - Get The Cherry Trees Ready For Bloom
        Saturday, March 9, 2013; 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
        Join Japan-America Society on March 9, 2013, as we assist the National Park Service in cleaning the Tidal Basin to get the area ready for the Cherry Blossoms! This is a great opportunity for the Washington DC area to show its love for the trees and give something back to the blossoms that has brought so much beauty to Washington DC.  The original Cherry Blossom trees, which were planted in 1912, can still been seen today. Last year we celebrated the 100th Anniversary of the gift of the trees; this would be a great way to start the celebration for the next 100 years!  Let's do our part to nurture and give back to the trees that give so much to us.
        Meeting Point:The site of the first Japanese cherry blossom trees and the Japanese Lantern - at 17th Street and Independence Avenue SW, just south of the World War II Memorial.
        What We'll Do: Weeding and mulching the trees, raking and cleaning the grounds, clearing underbrush, and cleaning trash around the Tidal Basin.
        Access: Free parking should be available at the Tidal Basin parking lot with its entrance near the intersection of 15th Street and Maine Ave. You can enter the parking lot from eastbound Maine Ave. before 15th Street.  Since this will be a large cleanup effort with many volunteers, we encourage car-pooling and taking public transportation.  Closest Metro: Smithsonian Metro Station (Blue/Orange lines).
        How to Register: Please go to www.jaswdc.org and click on "on-line registration" under "What's New" .
        The National Park Service will provide all materials, including gloves. (However, if you have garden gloves, you might want to bring them. Don't forget to bring water. We will be working under the supervision of the National Park Service.
        Volunteers under 16 years of age must bring a consent form signed by their parent or guardian. *If you are volunteering with this event and need community service hours (for high school, etc), please bring with you any necessary forms you need filled out.  JASW staff will sign the form after the cleanup.
        If you have any questions, please call us at (202) 833-2210.
        Please RSVP by 3:00 pm on Thursday, March 7, 2013

      • T racy Press - PBM
        Message 4 of 14 , Mar 18, 2013
          Hello Families, Friends, Non-Profits and PBM Community:

          We welcome you to PBM's public service - a free newsletter where we research and provide a listing of job openings, community events, opportunities, free services, scholarships, and other resources for all in the community!! Powerful Beyond Measure is a 501c3 non-profit which focuses on youth development, community outreach and aiding lower income families, by integrating the entertainment, arts, sports and media industries. The PBM Weekly Source Email is available to all residents and organizations of the DC metro area

          Tracy Press
          Executive Director
          Congresswoman Norton invites you to honor District of Columbia Breast Cancer Heroes
          In Celebration of Women's History Month Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton invites you to honor District of Columbia Breast Cancer Heroes.
          Featuring "Miss D.C." Allyn Rose With a Unique and Empowering Breast Cancer Story.
          Monday, March 18, 2013, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
          The George Washington University Hospital Auditorium, 900 23rd St., NW, Washington, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom Metro).
          Featured Panelists include Dr. Christine Teal, Director of Breast Surgery, The George Washington University Hospital with the rare perspective of both a doctor and a breast surgery patient and Dr. Regina Hampton, Founder of Breast Care for Washington.
          RSVP to Congresswoman Norton's office at (202) 783-5065.

          Woodbridge Library: "Stealing from the Poor"
          Monday, March 18th at 6 PM
          A documentary film called "Stealing from the Poor". This film talks about the rising demand for fish in the international markets in Europe and China and the devastating impact private fishing fleets that are operating in territorial waters in West Africa are having on local fisheries. This film is apart of the Environmental Film Festival in the Nation's Capital scheduled screenings that is taking place from March 12 - 24, 2013 throughout the city.
          The Woodridge Library is at 1801 Hamlin St. NE (18th and Rhode Island Ave. NE) - http://dclibrary.org/woodridge

          Washington Catholic High Schools' Annual College Fair
          Monday, March 18th, 6-8 PM
          Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
          17301Old Vic Blvd - Olney, Md
          *always attracts interested public school families

          PT After School Programs Manager - Creative Kids
          Creative Kids is currently seeking a manager for its literature-based, after school creative drama program.
          Responsibilities include coordinating and administering 50+ creative drama and after school classes at various locations in the Washington, DC and Baltimore metro areas.
          Qualifications: Excellent administrative skills; experience required • Good computer skills (strong Microsoft Word and Excel mandatory) • Must have a car • Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines • Able to multitask • Great time management skills • Great phone manner, personable, team player, and self-started • Promotion/marketing, drama, and teaching experience a plus • Must have a college degree
          About the position: Part-time position (28 – 30 hours per week between the hours of 9 AM – 5 PM, typically Monday - Thursday.) Candidate must have consistent schedule. * Paid training begins on Thursday, May 16th. * Candidate must be able to make a minimum one year commitment. * Position pays $15 - $16 per hour, depending on experience with no benefits. * Candidate will work out of a comfortable home office in Silver Spring, MD.
          If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Lenore Blank Kelner, Director, at info@.... No phone calls, please.
          Feel free to check out our website: http://www.createkids.com.

          Princeton Review Practice PRA
          The road to college is paved with many choices. Among the first of those is whether to take the ACT or the SAT. In lieu of a crystal ball, we created The Princeton Review Assessment (PRA). Designed to help you determine which test you would score higher on, the PRA is a great way to meet both tests.
          Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 8:30am - 1:00pm
          Galilee Baptist Church - 2101 Shadyside Avenue, Suitland, MD
          Parents are invited to attend a FREE College Planning Workshop
          11:30am - 1:00pm
          Parents and students are invited to review the results on:  Saturday, April 20, 2013 from 10:00am - 11:00am
          To register, please contact Regina Robinson at suited4success@... or 301-237-3775

          Washington DC Community Conservation Crew Leaders Show
          The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America's #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire high school students for the Washington DC Summer Crew Programs.
          Lead, mentor and coach crews of 6-10 students, ages 15-19, while completing various conservation service projects designed to build an ethic of community and environmental stewardship.  Projects include a range of activities such as trail and park maintenance, habitat restoration, revitalization of abandoned urban properties or to urban agriculture and run for 6 weeks at a time.  In addition, leaders will facilitate pre- and post- program planning which includes crew training, environmental education and reporting. The 2013 Washington DC Program locations include: Rock Creek Park, Fort Dupont Park, Fort Washington Park, among others...
          Program Dates: July 1st – August 9th, 2013
          Qualifications: Must be a minimum of 21 years of age•Must have ability to legally work in the US • Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training: June 6th - June 14th, 2013 (Other dates available for qualified Leaders) • DC Specific one day Training on June 21st. • Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the orientation training • Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 14-18) • Experience as a teacher or leader in educational environment • Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred;  i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening • Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more. • Valid driver's license and MVR that meets SCA standards required • Ability to meet SCA's criminal background check standards • Must have personal housing arrangements in program city
          Compensation: Total program salary up to $4,000 total salary depending on experience & crew length. Crew Leader Orientation & Work Skills (travel, food & lodging provided).
          To Apply: Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email scaDC@... and/or leaders@... with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
          For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org

          National Kick Butts Day Tobacco Prevention Day
          Wednesday, March 20, 2013 from 4:oo pm – 5:30 pm
          at PPMW - OPHELIA EGYPT  Teen  PROGRAM CENTER
          3933 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
          Stand out. Speak up. Seize control.
          Kick Butts Day is a national day of activism that empowers youth to stand out, speak up and seize control against big tobacco. Come out and hear what our youth are doing to prevent tobacco use.
          In collaboration with Aban Institute and Associates, Inc.,  Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington  - Ophelia Egypt Teen Program Center, and Streetwize Foundation.
          For more information call: 202-439-6343 or email: abaninstitute@....

          A Special Screening: "Courting Justice"
          The Embassy of South Africa, in collaboration with the Howard University School of Law, The National Bar Association, The United Nations Association of the National Capital Area Young Professionals Africa Committee  and the Howard University Republic of South Africa Project invites you to a special screening of " Courting Justice."
          Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013
          Venue: Howard University Law School (The Moot Court Room)
          Address: 2900 Van Ness Street, NW Washington DC, 20008
          Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm

          National Bar Association ED Position
          EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
          The National Bar Association (the "NBA") is currently conducting a national search for the position of Executive Director. The NBA was founded in 1925 and is the nation's oldest and largest national network of predominantly African American attorneys and judges. It represents approximately 44,000 lawyers, judges, law professors and law students and has over 80 affiliate chapters throughout the United States and around the world. From the national headquarters in Washington, DC, our executive director serves as chief administrative officer and supervises daily operations of the Association.
          PROFILE OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE: Excellent leadership, management and communication skills. A true "people person." • Demonstrated and significant executive management responsibility with a non-profit, a professional services organization, or a comparable business ( preferably with a connection to the legal profession) or law firm. Experience in fund and/or revenue development. A candidate with significant executive management experience and experience as an attorney (or working closely with lawyers) would be very attractive, as would a management professional with significant experience planning meetings, managing diversity initiatives or advancing public policy. • A Bachelor's degree is a great starting point. A candidate with a law degree and/or advanced degree in another relevant field would be very attractive.
          TO APPLY: Interested applicants should email a statement of interest and résumé directed to Rodney G. Moore and Mavis Thompson, Co-Chairs, NBA Executive Search Committee, as follows:
          c/o Ronald Jordan
          Carter-White & Shaw, LLC
          7968 Airy Hill Road
          Chestertown, Maryland 21620
          Ph. (410) 778-5062
          Fax (410) 810-3552
          rjordan@...
          www.diverseattorney.org
          For priority consideration, applications should be submitted by March 22, 2013. Selected applicants will be contacted to arrange for interviews. The position is open until filled.
          Executive Director Duties: The Executive Director is the chief administrative officer of the corporation responsible for the overall administration, supervision of work, programmatic design and implementation. This individual provides direction, leadership and acts as a spokesperson for the Association as well as maintains relationships with other organizations, the United States congress and the Executive Branch of the federal government.
          Specified Responsibilities include: Overseeing the management and general administration of the NBA, in consultation with the President, and under the direction of the Executive Committee and the Board of Governors. • Serving as principal fundraiser of the Association through successful solicitation of grants, partnerships and other revenue generating initiatives. • Recruiting, retaining and managing skilled and experienced personnel and supervising their overall professional development and performance. • Working with all Association chapters to maintain good working communications with the Association. • Planning and conducting the Annual Meeting and such other conference as established by the Association with the designated committees. • Ensuring the implementation and maintenance of financial, operational and internal governance controls including tax, accounting, creditworthiness and audit processes with ultimate accountability for propriety and transparency of the books and records of the Association. • Overseeing the management operations and general administration of the National Bar Institute, (NBI).

          Woodbridge Library: "Social Media 101".
          Thursday March 21 at 2 PM and again at 4 PM.  A workshop called "Social Media 101".  Participates will learn how to get started using Facebook and Twitter, how to create an account, learn the lingo, find people of interest and how to share content.
          The Woodridge Library is at 1801 Hamlin St. NE (18th and Rhode Island Ave. NE) - http://dclibrary.org/woodridge

          Casting announcement for Fringe production Show
          Casting for a play for the 2013 Capital Fringe Festival. The festival runs July 11-28th, 2013 and there will be 6 performances during that time. Rehearsal will be evenings and weekends beginning in late April. No pay but excellent exposure in a terrific role!
          Currently casting for the role of "Ginger" in Edward Allan Baker's Rosemary with Ginger, a one-act play about sisters making the best out of difficult circumstances.
          Looking for a woman in her late 20's through 30's.
          Please send your resume and head shot to me by e-mail at tigersbloodtheater@... no later than March 25
          Readings will be by invitation during the the first two weeks of April.

          Construction Job Fair - Saturday, March 23, 2013
          9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
          Corner of Riggs Road And 3rd Street NE
          Seeking construction workers with specific skills. Participants are encouraged to bring a resume or other documentation of work experience. The anticipated trades that will be at the Job Fair include: Mechanical • Electrical • Plumbing • Concrete • Masonry • Rough Carpentry • Roofing / Waterproofing
          Fort Totten Square is a mixed-use project currently under construction at 300 Riggs Road NE. Fort Totten Square will include approximately 345 apartments and 130,000 square feet of retail space, anchored by an urban-format Wal-Mart containing a large grocer and pharmacy.
          For more information, please visit www.FortTottenNews.com.

          Sistas United Girls Mentoring Program Orientation ~ March 23, 2013
          Sistas United will be starting a Girls Mentoring Program in Prince George's County, Suitland MD. This mentoring group is for girls ages 9-16 yrs. old. This program is open to all young ladies in the Washington Metropolitan Area (DC, MD, VA). This orientation will outline the mentoring program and it's an opportunity for parents/guardians to ask questions. The orientation will take place at the following:
          Solid Rock Missionary Baptist Church - 4725 Silver Hill Rd. - Suitland, MD 20746
          Note: Solid Rock shares the building with Sheet Metal 100 Local Union (big white sign on the building with a blue checkmark)
          Date: Saturday, March 23, 2013
          Time of Orientation: 9:00am - 11:00am
          Very Important: If interested in attending the orientation, please e-mail Wessita at: info@...  and please provide the following:
          * Complete Name
          * Phone #
          * E-mail Address

          Wangari Gardens Internship
        • T racy Press - PBM
          Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5 10:49 AM

          Hello PBM Community,

          As a part of a partnership between Powerful Beyond Measure (PBM) and T&R Group, PBM offers the Entertainment Opportunities List (a job list specifically for careers in media, arts, marketing, fashion, music, PR, events, publishing, radio, social media, theater and related fields). See the most recent edition attached and read the information below. This will serve as a separate service from the free PBM Source Email, which lists local jobs, events and resources.

          The Entertainment Opportunities list occurs weekly and will be offered as a part of fund raising efforts for Powerful Beyond Measure (a 501c3 non-profit), and its signature program, CAPE League. Monies will go towards weekly programming, food for children, supplies and community projects. Plus, what a great way to explore career options and get a tax deduction while doing it.

          If you make a donation to PBM of $30 or more (before April 30th, 2013) - you will receive this service for free throughout 2013 (and a 2013 donation tax credit). Afterwards, it is $30 per quarter for the weekly service (with no tax deduction).

                                                   Contact:  Tracy Press
                                                                                                                                                                    Powerful Beyond Measure
                                                                                                                                                                   202-631-7331
                                   powerfulbeyondfulmeasure1@...
          FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

          PBM OFFERS NEWSLETTER FOR CAREERS IN THE ARTS, MUSIC, BROADCASTING, FILM, SPORTS & FASHION
          Weekly Listing for Entertainment Jobs Becomes Available to the Public

          Washington, DC
          After over 10 years of exclusive availability to professional and creative members of the entertainment and media industries,Powerful Beyond Measure (PBM) will now offer the Entertainment Opportunities (EO) List to the general public.  The EO List has been a popular, on-line newsletter distributed to over 5000 industry insiders. The publication presents 20-35 pages of current job openings in hard to enter fields, including arts, music, fashion, theater, sports, events, film, radio, publishing, and journalism. The newsletter is released on a weekly basis, directly to the email inbox of subscribers.

          Presented by entertainment consulting/marketing company, T&R Group, the EO List will be also offered by Powerful Beyond Measure. “After running my entertainment firm for over a decade and growing PBM for years, I wanted to merge some of their resources and services. T&R Group (formerly Sweet Soul) has built incredible relationships and a great client & project history in sports and entertainment – so it serves as a good partner for PBM as it continues to mature in these fields,” states Tracy Press, founder of T&R Group and PBM. With this collaboration, PBM will open the subscriber base for the EO List to all who are interested in the aforementioned fields.

          On April 8th, the EO List will officially be available as a service of Powerful Beyond Measure, as a fundraiser for the non-profit's programs. As of May 1st, it will cost $30 per quarter (three months) to receive this newsletter. However, those who make donations of $30 or more to Powerful Beyond Measure (before April 30th, 2013) will receive this newsletter for free throughout 2013 and get a 2013 tax-deduction for the donation. The quarterly subscription fees in 2013 are not tax-deductible.

          For more information on the EO List or Powerful Beyond Measure, or to make a donation, please contact Tracy Press at 202-631-7331 or powerfulbeyondmeasure1@....

          Powerful Beyond Measure is a 501c3 non-profit that implements efforts towards youth development; focusing on academic, creative, professional, civic and personal growth by strategically integrating the arts, entertainment, sports and media industries into programming. PBM’s first program, the C.A.P.E. League, is a year-round program for youth who are interested in these fields – developed to provide educational recreation and positive influences as alternatives to misguided behaviors.
          Tracy Press has been actively involved in various parts of the entertainment, sports & events industries for over ten years. She is founder of Sweet Soul Entertainment, a consulting and marketing firm, whose services include producing events, consulting entertainment companies and professionals, and publishing industry related publications. Her projects have included work with music conferences, record labels, artists/producers, major corporations, athletic organizations, liquor distributors and many other companies.  After years of providing mentorship to youth and entertainment hopefuls and volunteering with various  organizations, Tracy decided to build a non-profit from a vision that combined all of her interests. In 2006, she founded Powerful Beyond Measure. Tracy came to DC, via her attendance at Howard University . Her first industry association in DC was in promotions for Def Jam Recordings.  Prior to managing T&R Group/Sweet Soul, Tracy worked with Chucklife Productions, a record label headed by super-producer Chucky Thompson (Bad Boy Hit-Man) and distributed by Sony Music.  After being promoted to VP of Marketing and Promotions, she assumed the additional responsibilities of creating the street team, publicity, developing marketing plans, supervising all special projects and events, and other marketing functions.

          Through Sweet Soul/T&R Group’s consulting work, she dealt with organizations on business development, marketing and PR, event management, and strategic alliances. Clients and projects have included Tanqueray, VIBE Magazine, Microsoft/NBA, Tate Brothers Foundation, Six Flags, Showtime/Damon Wayans, Radio One, Fashion Lives, Biomed, various NFL players, etc.  She maintained contract with major companies such as Essence Magazine and Biomed for five years each. She also worked with entertainment professionals and personalities across the country in career development, placement and industry involvement. Tracy has been successful in securing press for clients in outlets such as BET, The Washington Post, Billboard, The Source and other media. She has partnered with companies like Remy Martin, AOL, Sony BMG, American Express, Def Jam, Warner Brothers, and many others for events. Tracy is currently a  consultant for NABFEME (National Assn. of Black Female Executives in Music & Entertainment), and lprovides marketing services nationwide, plans events for professionals, and leads the Mid-Atlantic Network. She also served as the organization’s Chair of the 2005 International Summit Career Forum and received an award from them at the conference in Toronto, Canada. In addition to her professional pursuits, Tracy represents the entertainment and non-profit communities via panels and speaking engagements for The National Council of Negro Women, the United Nations, National Idol Music and Lifestyle Conference, Time Warner, NAMIC, Howard University, Atlantic Recordings, and others. She currently sits on the board for the National Alliance of African American Athletes. Tracy was featured in the Washington Post for her status as a premiere event planner and influential persona in the Mid-Atlantic region, while profiling one of her successful events.