Bruce Monroe Park - Meeting Wed Nov 7th and Survey

  • SYLVIA ROBINSON
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012
      Greetings,

      All stakeholders in the Bruce Monroe Park (Georgia Ave between Columbia and Irving) are invited to the next Park Improvement community meeting tomorrow, Wednesday November 7th at 6:30pm at the Emergence Community Arts Collective - 733 Euclid St. NW.

      In order to gather community input, please take this quick survey of your priority for these improvements to the park and any additional improvements you would like to see: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Bruce_Monroe_Park

      This effort is a partnership between the DC Prevention Center for Wards 1 and 2, the Georgia Avenue Community Development Task Force and the Georgia Avenue Business Alliance.

      We are advocating for both structural improvements to the park as well as programming.  The structural improvements we are seeking include water fountains, bathrooms, shade, a physical structure, small soccer field, playground equipment for older children and better security.  We have met with Councilmember Graham and will update you on this meeting and next steps on November 7th.

      To stay in touch with this effort, contact Sylvia Robinson at (202) 462-2285 or sylvia@... or Claudia Barahona at claudia@...

      Thanks and hope to see you tomorrow.
      Sylvia