Pepco Update

  • Barragan, JuanCamilo (EOM)
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2012
      Below please find a message from PEPCO,

      Best,

      JCB

      This afternoon’s violent storm with high winds and heavy rains left
      more than 65,000 Pepco customers without power -14,436 in the District of Columbia.

      We have just begun our damage assessments, but we’re seeing trees and limbs down that damaged our equipment. We are in the process of
      conducting a comprehensive damage assessment while working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible.

      Based on the initial damage assessments we’ve been able to do so far,we hope to have power restored to the vast majority of affected customers (90 percent) by Monday morning.

      We will update the estimated
      times of restoration (ETRs) as we complete our assessments and have
      more information and as crews make repairs.

      In preparation for the storm, we lined up extra crews and call center
      personnel. We have called in all our crews and contractors.

      We have called for crews and contractors to come from our sister
      utility Delmarva Power.

      We have requested a mutual assistance call so we can ask for
      additional crews from other utilities to help.

      We have activated our storm centers and will have field crews and support personnel working around the clock until every customer is restored.

      We will continue to staff the call center overnight until all
      customers are restored.
      We are working on critical priorities — any life-threatening
      situations and critical facilities. We’ll then turn to major supply
      lines — any substations and transmission lines that might be out, then we’ll go to primary or feeder lines and then work our way into neighborhoods to repair secondary lines and service lines to
      individual customers.

      Due to damage from the storm several electrical substations are out of service, and we are working to restore them.

      Critical customers who need electricity for life support equipment are advised to seek shelter where power is available.

      Customers are asked to please stay away from downed wires, even if
      they don’t appear to be energized. Please report them by calling
      877-PEPCO62.
      Customers also are urged to stay away from working crews.
      Customers are asked to call to let us know if they are out of power,
      877-PEPCO62.

      They also may report outages online, pepco.com.

      They can also download our smart phone app, pepco.com/mobileapp. They can report their outage and also track their outages once restoration times have been assigned.

      This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.

      Plan TODAY for what’s on the way. September is National Emergency Preparedness Month. To learn how to prepare & to sign up for critical emergency alerts, go to www.72hours.dc.gov.