Re: Fw: [ward5] Citizens Planner Focus Groups

  • dcopw1
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
      Still alive and kicking for Ward 1, LOL.
      Been a bit more behind the scenes the last year or so working on plan implementation and focusing on bring District resources into the Ward. I will endeavor to be more communicative in the future, but as always contact me if you have any Ward 1 planning or development questions.

      --- In WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com, jeffndc <jeffndc@...> wrote:

      > I wonder if each ward is conducting this kind of inquiry?  Anyone hear or seen anything?  It's been so long since I've seen Tarek Bolden, I wonder if he is still working for OP?
      >
      > Jeff

    • jeffndc
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        Hey, Tarek, good to know.  So how can I get involved in the "Citizen Planner" effort? Thanks.

        Jeff

        Still alive and kicking for Ward 1, LOL.
        Been a bit more behind the scenes the last year or so working on plan implementation and focusing on bring District resources into the Ward. I will endeavor to be more communicative in the future, but as always contact me if you have any Ward 1 planning or development questions.

        --- In WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com, jeffndc <jeffndc@...> wrote:

        > I wonder if each ward is conducting this kind of inquiry?  Anyone hear or seen anything?  It's been so long since I've seen Tarek Bolden, I wonder if he is still working for OP?
        >
        > Jeff

      • Bolden, Tarek (OP)
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012

          Sure,  the Citizen Planner initiative is a citywide effort headed by Deborah Crain-Kemp (deborahlcrain.kemp@dc.gov) .

          E-mail her if you want to participate.

          Tarek Bolden

          Ward 1 Neighborhood Planner

          DC Office of Planning

          1100 4th St, SW Suite E650

          Washington, DC 20024

          (202) 442-7619

          Office of Planning

        • whj@melanet.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012

            For planning exercises initiated by OP to have real meaning in our Ward residents must first do a better job of checking the forces of "pay-to-play".  I am sometimes asked why I am so hard on Donatelli Development, its primarily because their business plan is based on using pay-to-play to undermine and destroy the community's work result from planning efforts. Basically, they have found a way to pocket the public's investment in planning and development for their own profit.  They are little better than ghetto hustlers who preyed on this community like dope dealers. Basically, OP was and has been neuturalized particularly in the Eastern half of the Ward by Council Member's pay-to-play machine.  You know their was a retail study done on 14th St from Monroe to Spring that was quashed along with streetscape planning because it did not fit the dictates of the pay-to-play machine.

            In about 2002 Graham ran OP and their planners out of the Ward, indicating that "he" was the planner for this Ward, at least the Eastern 1/2 were most of the opportunity was.  So, for OP it's not been worth the effort to come into the Ward unless under the dictates of the Ward's pay-to-play machine.  And then it's usually a pretty much useless small area plan.  OP will come and do some work here, only if we show some backbone and some push back against the Graham/Donatelli machine.

            William